Anybody remember Full Throttle and Monkey Island

No1kung1

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2002
Full Throttle and The Curse of Monkey Island were two terrific games from lucasarts...they came out several years ago and i STILL play them, despite having all the latest games like Alien vs. Predator 2 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. They are terrific, there spunk and attitude still makes me laugh, yet also reminds me of how little we have advanced in the genre of RPG/Adventure games.

Sometimes you have to remind yourself it's your own life, live it.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Yep. Full Throttle and Monkey3 were pretty good. The demo to Throttle was awesome, but the game was just a little less than what I was expecting. Still a good game, though.

Monkey3 is the king. Monkey4 just empties the bedpan. I never played monkey1 and 2, but I hear they were good. But the voice acting and atmosphere in Monkey3 reigns...

No1kung1

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2002
monkey 3 was terrific...god i loved that game..i still play it over and over despite knowing the plot line and puzzles..its all in the atmosphere...the tummy rumbling rocking good time....argh!

Sometimes you have to remind yourself it's your own life, live it.

SEB

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
Two great games. Am just waondering what happend to the creativity and imagination of the game developers. All games now just seem to be takeoffs from other games or movies.

:cool: <font color=blue><b>BAD ASS BOYS OVERCLOCK BAD ASS TOYS</b></font color=blue> :cool:

G

Full Throttle and Monkey Island might have been great, but "Grim Fandango" by the same publisher (Lucasarts) is by far the greatest game I have ever played and it is again the same adventure style but much more immersive and you will wish that the game never ended. You play as Manuel Calavera, shunned travel agent at the department of the dead where your job is to sell various exotic means of transportation to the newly dead so that they can reach the 9th underworld and ultimate harmony, of course those who have lived more fulfilling lives are inevitably richer and your cut of the profits is greater. But recently you have been presented with less and less fitting customers, until you accidentally come upon a very sexy lady (represented of course in clothed skeletal form as everyone else) who appears to be deserving of a direct ticket to the 9th underworld but is assessed by the system to be not-so-deserving. At that point you discover a massive ring of corruption in the department and you hook up with what appear to be a parody of Left-Wing Peruvian Revolutionaries lead by the charismatic "Salavador Limones". And that is where your adventure begins.

The game is presented in beautiful graphics and the soundtrack is embedded within the game very neatly, like one of those mexican tall hat bands, when you go around the corner it the sound is distorted just like in real life giving it that ambience of a truely epic game. The scenery is fantastic and the characters that you interact with are all very interesting, including Manny who has an accent that you can't get bored of.

I am proud to say that I was a major catalyst in driving man's mass migration to the sea.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
"by far the greatest game I have ever played "

I thought it sucked three holes, all sideways, the first time I played it.
It has grown on me since then. Now, it only suxx 2 holes sideways.

But there's some gaming magazine that thinx like you do. I guess if you have played every single game that has *EVER* (read: *E-V-E-R*) come out, I can see where a change of pace would be interpreted as a really good thing...