Time for a new desktop - Thoughts

Al

My Gateway died - may it RIP.
I was able to salvage the data to an external.
Price is a strong consideration here.
Do I take advantage of a great deal on an older system:
DellSB - Dimension 4600 with 2.8Ghz P4, 512MB DDR SDRAM, 80GB HD, CD-RW,
128MB GF FX5200, and 2 year Warranty for $449 after Rebate with FREE
Shipping!

Or spend a few more shekels and go for the new (untested):

DimensionTM 8400
NEW! Ultimate Performance
The desktop for businesses seeking top performance
All the technology of the 8300 and more - including PCIe graphics and DDR2
memory