Hi,

I have 5 Clients connected to the internet via a Host (Internet Connection
Sharing).
It works fine until the Host connects to a VPN.
All Clients will be disconnected from the internet when the Host connected
to a VPN.

Any solutions?

regards,
Boon
boon.ng@gmail.com

Malke

T Boon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 5 Clients connected to the internet via a Host (Internet
> Connection Sharing).
> It works fine until the Host connects to a VPN.
> All Clients will be disconnected from the internet when the Host
> connected to a VPN.

That's what happens when you connect to a VPN. Replace ICS with a router
or a switch.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

So how is a switch going to fix that?

--
Manny Borges
MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
-- Marty Feldman
>T Boon wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 5 Clients connected to the internet via a Host (Internet
>> Connection Sharing).
>> It works fine until the Host connects to a VPN.
>> All Clients will be disconnected from the internet when the Host
>> connected to a VPN.
>>

> That's what happens when you connect to a VPN. Replace ICS with a router
> or a switch.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Manny Borges wrote:

> So how is a switch going to fix that?

Since we don't know anything really about his setup, he could have
chosen to assign IP's and DNS instead of using a DHCP server; i.e., a
router. There's no way to know what the OP's end goal is or exactly how
his office is set up, so I just included the switch in case. Naturally,
if this is a simple setup without any real servers a router will be the
way to go.

Hope that makes my thinking clearer to you.

Malke