Sign in with
Your question

COD 4 and/or COD will not start or load in windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
November 20, 2012 11:41:45 PM

COD 4 and/or COD will not load or start in win7 Professional. Both set to run as admin. Windows updated. Nvida GF 650 is video card. Will not load either Singleplayer or Mutli-player. I recently put this PC togeter so Win7 is a new install. I have no problems with running other programs, videos or music. Why Activison?
a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2012 11:52:02 PM

243474,1,1477246 said:
COD 4 and/or COD will not load or start in win7 Professional. Both set to run as admin. Windows updated. Nvida GF 650 is video card. Will not load either Singleplayer or Mutli-player. I recently put this PC togeter so Win7 is a new install. I have no problems with running other programs, videos or music. Why Activison?[/quo

Legal copies of both Windows 7 and also COD?
m
l
Related resources
November 21, 2012 12:01:22 AM

Plug in a mic, even one of the combination headsets for a cell phone will work.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 21, 2012 12:25:21 AM

Same as what Jimmyjonhz said
plug something into your Mic port on your computer
this is a well known and stupid bug with the game
m
l
November 21, 2012 1:44:50 PM

danny2000 said:
243474,1,1477246 said:
COD 4 and/or COD will not load or start in win7 Professional. Both set to run as admin. Windows updated. Nvida GF 650 is video card. Will not load either Singleplayer or Mutli-player. I recently put this PC togeter so Win7 is a new install. I have no problems with running other programs, videos or music. Why Activison?[/quo

Legal copies of both Windows 7 and also COD?
said:

Yes both legal copies, Also pluged in a mic and speakers. All drivers updated!

Problem files iw3sp.exe and iw3mp.exe. Looking at a possible .dll file as the problem.

I am going to reformat and try installing everything again without windows updates. And see if these games will even open. If they do then install upates one at a time to see if there is conflict with the updates. If not I am at a loss.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 22, 2012 2:38:55 AM

king59 said:
Yes both legal copies, Also pluged in a mic and speakers. All drivers updated!

Problem files iw3sp.exe and iw3mp.exe. Looking at a possible .dll file as the problem.

I am going to reformat and try installing everything again without windows updates. And see if these games will even open. If they do then install upates one at a time to see if there is conflict with the updates. If not I am at a loss.

is your account an administrator of the pc or are you running it with elevated rights as an admin?
m
l
!