COD 4 and/or COD will not start or load in windows 7

COD 4 and/or COD will not load or start in win7 Professional. Both set to run as admin. Windows updated. Nvida GF 650 is video card. Will not load either Singleplayer or Mutli-player. I recently put this PC togeter so Win7 is a new install. I have no problems with running other programs, videos or music. Why Activison?
6 answers Last reply
More about start load windows
  1. COD 4 and/or COD will not load or start in win7 Professional. Both set to run as admin. Windows updated. Nvida GF 650 is video card. Will not load either Singleplayer or Mutli-player. I recently put this PC togeter so Win7 is a new install. I have no problems with running other programs, videos or music. Why Activison?[/quo

Legal copies of both Windows 7 and also COD?
  2. Did you install the latest Nvidia drivers from :http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

In steam validate the game files, it will repair any corrupt or missing files.
  3. Plug in a mic, even one of the combination headsets for a cell phone will work.
  4. Same as what Jimmyjonhz said
    plug something into your Mic port on your computer
    this is a well known and stupid bug with the game
  5. Anonymous said:
    COD 4 and/or COD will not load or start in win7 Professional. Both set to run as admin. Windows updated. Nvida GF 650 is video card. Will not load either Singleplayer or Mutli-player. I recently put this PC togeter so Win7 is a new install. I have no problems with running other programs, videos or music. Why Activison?[/quo

Legal copies of both Windows 7 and also COD?

Yes both legal copies, Also pluged in a mic and speakers. All drivers updated!

Problem files iw3sp.exe and iw3mp.exe. Looking at a possible .dll file as the problem.

I am going to reformat and try installing everything again without windows updates. And see if these games will even open. If they do then install upates one at a time to see if there is conflict with the updates. If not I am at a loss.
  6. king59 said:
    Yes both legal copies, Also pluged in a mic and speakers. All drivers updated!

Problem files iw3sp.exe and iw3mp.exe. Looking at a possible .dll file as the problem.

I am going to reformat and try installing everything again without windows updates. And see if these games will even open. If they do then install upates one at a time to see if there is conflict with the updates. If not I am at a loss.

is your account an administrator of the pc or are you running it with elevated rights as an admin?
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Call of Duty Graphics Cards Windows 7