My computer restarts while running boot cd memtest86+ plea..

September 8, 2005 9:25:50 AM

Please help.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 10:38:23 AM

A little more details please. Does the system restart when not using the
memtest cd? I seem to remember your previous posts - but cannot locate them
here.

Generally, if it reboots while running memtest, I'd say you have a memory
problem - BUT!!! There could be other causes to this so don't run out and
buy new memory just yet! :)

"Gordy" wrote:

> Please help.

September 8, 2005 6:52:14 PM

I've seen memtest reboot unexpectedly when accessing it's menus; some
versions had bugs handling keystrokes. Get the latest version to be sure.
September 8, 2005 6:52:15 PM

Memtest86+, will crash if you are using 4GB of memory. Atlest it does on my
system, ASUS A8N-E, Win XP x64 and 2 sets of Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PRO.

"frodo@theshire.org" wrote:

> I've seen memtest reboot unexpectedly when accessing it's menus; some
> versions had bugs handling keystrokes. Get the latest version to be sure.

Anonymous
June 16, 2009 10:54:29 AM

Check that you have USB legacy support disabled in your BIOS setup. Some BIOS’s had a bug in them which causes memtest to write over the memory area used by the USB legacy support resulting in freezes or reboots.
!