Fixing a Delaminated Cabinet Lower Edge - Bond and Fill

I have a Cabinet with water damage on the lower edge / corner. What's
is the best matertial to use when bonding and filling the damaged
plywood. I am looking for a material that will both bond what is left
of the plywood and replace the lost material including the "show side".
Will be repainting cabinet when the delam is repaired..

I've used Elmers Carpenter's wood filler, extra strength,
interior/exterior with great results. Comes in a little white tub with
an orange lid.
Readily available at Home Depot.

Dave

martin

The epoxy paste that comes in tubes is really good stuff. you cut a
piece off, knead it, and plug the holes. Get the wood version, it's a
little easier to work than the other epoxies. Like plastic wood, but it
cures fast.Scot has it on his site.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Shazzam" <shazzam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Looking for an alternative to Elmers, like 2 part Bondo... Something
> that activates with a shorted cure time...

Git Rot is a product that would work very well for this application. It's
mostly used in the RV and boating industrries to repair rotten plywood.

Here are a couple of links:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=git+rot&btnG=Search
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/find;a;1;ID;;eclDrill;788

Hope that helps,
Michael

Agreed, Gorilla glue is the best at holding cabinets together...works
great on separated corners.

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Gorrilla glue.

Expands and fills and very strong.

Will need to clamp.

Dry in under an hour.

Total cure time may be a day.

Otto

CARGPB11

"Shazzam" <shazzam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Looking for an alternative to Elmers, like 2 part Bondo... Something
> that activates with a shorted cure time...
>
> Shazzam
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

It looks like your JD did before your restore.... Thanks for the tip

Steve

TRENDING THREADS