Sign in with
Your question

the biased thing

Last response: in CPUs
January 15, 2004 3:03:56 PM

Its to bad this site has become so extremly pro-Intel, this was the first review site I knew. It got me interested in overclocking and hardware in general..
But what they are doing now is just wrong

More about : biased thing

January 15, 2004 3:09:35 PM

It's too bad people feel the need to post 50+ threads on the same topic instead of replying to one of the other threads.

Soon the first page gets filled with OH NOZZE!!! THG IS TEH INTEL BOXXORR ROXXORS!! THEY ARE TEH SUX!!!

When people come here looking for honest advice from honest people (fanbois excluded), all they see is crap like that filling the first page of threads. Not exactly helpful, is it?

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
January 15, 2004 3:15:06 PM

You are a bit hard on him...

But I agree, he should have posted is comment in an existing thread. Or, at least, I would have liked to read something with more substance...

Back to another thread... Bye Bye!

--
Would you buy a GPS enabled soap bar?
Related resources
January 15, 2004 3:18:57 PM

while looking at the top ten thread here I wonder what the hell you mean.
January 15, 2004 5:44:23 PM

He's slapping you down because you didn't bother to look past the first page before throwing the same thing 30 other people have thrown up in the last couple weeks.

<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/html/shadus.html" target="_new">Shadus</A>
January 15, 2004 5:51:44 PM

petr, whats so bad about being pro-intel? :eek: 

-------
<b><font color=red>Aquamark3 score: 28,208</b></font color=red>
<font color=blue><b>Intel P4 2.4ghz 533fsb - 512mbDDR - ATI Radeon 9500 pro</b></font color=blue>
January 15, 2004 8:10:51 PM

being pro-anything is dumb when it conflicts with common sense; in most cases, money decides what the best choices are.

I'm thinking about buying a dualie system shortly because I use my computers for 3D modelling etc. stuff instead of games. I don't know if should try the Opteron route (expensive mobos) or get ASUS' bargain Xeon board and stick a couple of erm... Xeons in it.

However, I can't be arsed to make a decent thread because of the inevitable Int3l SUX0r5/AMD r00lz/In73l p0wnz j00/AMD r0x0r5 bollox that would result.

This place has really gone to the dogs...

"Some mice have two buttons. Macintosh has one. So it's extremely difficult to push the wrong button." - Apple ad. circa 1984.
January 15, 2004 8:25:06 PM

There isn't anything wrong with being pro anything. There is something wrong when being anti-something without a valid reason when someone is asking for advice.

I like it when people ask, should I get Intel or AMD and the Intel fanatic says one of the following stupid reasons:
- get Intel because its more stable
- AMD's will burn up because they are made cheaply
- I built a system with AMD but it didn't work well with me so go Intel(assuming the mistake is due to user stupidity)
January 15, 2004 9:46:12 PM

Quote:

When people come here looking for honest advice from honest people (fanbois excluded), all they see is crap like that filling the first page of threads. Not exactly helpful, is it?

This site is Intel bias, and a lot of the forum users are also !
When someone is asking which CPU to buy for gaming and not overclocking i read answers like : Buy an P4, P4 EE !!!
You call this helpfull ?
Many people i know do think P4 is the better/smarter buy, and if i ask them where did they read the review they almost everytime say Tom`s Hardware.
Now are these people idiots ? no i dont think so, they are misinformed !

THG : The last 5-6 reviews have allways either had skewed results, or just somehow strangely come to a completly diferant conclusion then all of the other sites around.
January 15, 2004 10:41:46 PM

Quote:

Well they could always use the search function. And would it not be fitting to see crap in the forums when you see crap in the reviews? Have you noticed the almost non-existence of forum posters dating back more than two years? Why is this? Maybe if we see nothing but these type of post's THG will finally get a clue and improve there review quality. And Spare me the “if you don't like it don't read it" argument. Disinformation needs to be challenged.

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!
January 16, 2004 12:11:21 AM

Anyone ever get the urge to bring a whip in these forums? If I was wearing pants it'd be my belt.... :evil: 

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 16, 2004 1:07:11 AM

I hate to admit bias, but I'm only attracted to women.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 16, 2004 1:22:16 AM

but...but...I thought we had something going on Crash! Wow did I interpret things wrong..... :tongue:

January 16, 2004 1:51:57 AM

gO mACINtosH

January 16, 2004 2:11:02 AM

f0ck y34h!!!11!111!!11111111!!!!!!!!

January 16, 2004 11:31:50 AM

AMiga ROXOR UR WORLDZOR!!!

If an argument can't be settled in one or two paragraphs, perhaps you're anal and should just let it go...
January 16, 2004 1:08:09 PM

Quote:
When someone is asking which CPU to buy for gaming and not overclocking i read answers like : Buy an P4, P4 EE !!!
You call this helpfull ?

Sorry, Coop... I ain't buying what you're selling. People are going to recommend Intel over AMD sometimes. Live with it. Right now, it really doesn't make ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE! Either CPU will give you everything you're looking for. Yes, AMD is a better performer in games... but is the margin wide enough to care?

I play games. I have a P4 2.53. As long as it does what I need it to at the right price... I really don't care what kind of CPU is in it.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
January 16, 2004 2:47:55 PM

For a lot reasons Intel may be the better buy right now.. but a year or two ago, people may have said just the opposite. I don't really understand why people are complaining about the opinions of others on this forum. Fact is, for solid information about any cpu the people here can be trusted for the most part.
January 16, 2004 3:30:45 PM

It all depends on how much you have to spend imho. If you want the best price/performance, I think AMD is the winner - but whereas in the past - Intel gave you that extra little for quite a bit more cost, AMD seems to be the better CPU (if we are talking about sheer top performer.)

The P3 was definately the better performer than AMD back then, but AMD seems to have their counterparts @ Intel worried. It's actually quite a show with all the intel problems ie: delays and tech problems with 90 nano.

AMD are in the lead imho - but I'm not gonna force anyone to buy one. You have the right to buy what you want.
January 16, 2004 9:04:41 PM

Quote:

Sorry, Coop... I ain't buying what you're selling. People are going to recommend Intel over AMD sometimes. Live with it. Right now, it really doesn't make ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE! Either CPU will give you everything you're looking for. Yes, AMD is a better performer in games... but is the margin wide enough to care?

I play games. I have a P4 2.53. As long as it does what I need it to at the right price... I really don't care what kind of CPU is in it.

I dont think you understand, Ofcourse Athlon64 3000+ is better in gaming then P4 3.2GHz and much cheaper, and you can upgrade it with Windows64 when it comes out. So the better/smarter buy is that A64 !!!
Dont come telling what you have in your PC and what you can do with it, much forum users are asking wich cpu to buy, and all i read is : Buy the EE, buy the P4, understand ?

Quote:

The P3 was definately the better performer than AMD back then

If you read Tomshardware it is yes, if you read any other review in the wide world the ThunderBird was much faster then the P3 !
Djeezus the things i read here, YOU ARE ALL MISINFORMED, AND I BLAME TOM`s REVIEWS FOR THIS !!!

THG : The last 5-6 reviews have allways either had skewed results, or just somehow strangely come to a completly diferant conclusion then all of the other sites around.
January 17, 2004 1:48:20 AM

Coop... just STFU.

Really.

People will spend their money the way they want... you spend your money the way you want. If they buy Intel, who gives a f*ck? When you have the likes of Dell selling P4 systems at $499... does it really matter that AMD is 'cheaper' when an entire system is going to cost you more than $499?

No, I'm not recommending anyone rush out and buy a Dell. However, when Joe Schmo comes along and sees that price complete with monitor, you think he's going to care wheter it's an AMD or Intel processor in it? As long as it works and does what he needs it to do, he's not going to give two sh!ts... and frankly neither do I.

My last two systems before my current one were AMD systems. Even after experiencing disaster (fan melted off heatsink and CPU fried), I stuck with AMD. Don't tell me I'm Intel biased. It's clear to me that since you won't recommend anything OTHER than AMD, you're the biased one.

January 17, 2004 2:34:15 AM

Hey it's ok Petr the Intel guys are simply pissed off because they sell the family dog to buy that special Intel CPU then cant understand why some guy on a 2 year old AMD thunderbird CPU is slapping their silly asses all over a game room.

You always know when an AMD player runs by you can even feel the wind on your face through the monitor. The problem is your proly tripping over the Intel guy laggin his ass off in front of you.

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Liquid
2x512 Crucial DDR 400 PC3200
GeForce FX5900
Maxtor DiamondMaxPlus9@80Gig
SONY CD 52x
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x
January 17, 2004 2:51:54 AM

yeah...this thread was really uncalled for..heh

i still don't get how this posting system works? how many posts does it take to become not a stranger?

My Rig:
AthlonXP 2000+ 1.677ghz
GeForce Verto FX5200 128mb DDR
Maxtor 7200RPM 80GB, Stock 40gb
Kingston 384MB DDR
Cendyne 52x24x52 CD-RW
Lite-On 4x DVD-RW
Go EMachines...:( 
January 17, 2004 2:52:48 AM

Yay! i'm a newbie! thank god! praise jesus@

My Rig:
AthlonXP 2000+ 1.677ghz
GeForce Verto FX5200 128mb DDR
Maxtor 7200RPM 80GB, Stock 40gb
Kingston 384MB DDR
Cendyne 52x24x52 CD-RW
Lite-On 4x DVD-RW
Go EMachines...:( 
January 17, 2004 4:22:58 AM

Here are my 2 pet pieves by the "intel inside idiot outside" crew ! " The Amd stuff is okay but... todays excuse is the latency issue, while the total memory latancy fr A64 is much lower than anywhere else.
and"the xp rating system sucks". Truth is the xp rating is fairly linear, while the intel system is not. You have a p4 1.8, is the 2.4 a good upgrade? How about a 2.6 P4 celeron? Which is better, a P4c at 2.8 or a P4b at 3.06? How many suckers out there have been sold on celerons as upgrades for thier P4a's.
January 17, 2004 7:52:25 AM

Quote:
much forum users are asking wich cpu to buy, and all i read is : Buy the EE, buy the P4, understand ?

Coop, Could you provide a link where someone was advised to buy an EE on these boards? I've never seen <i>anyone</i> recommend it, and anyone who did would be stupid, as it's price is so stupidly high. Come on, back your BS up.

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink:
January 17, 2004 10:36:32 AM

Quote:
Truth is the xp rating is fairly linear, while the intel system is not. You have a p4 1.8, is the 2.4 a good upgrade? How about a 2.6 P4 celeron? Which is better, a P4c at 2.8 or a P4b at 3.06? How many suckers out there have been sold on celerons as upgrades for thier P4a's.

True, but that's not Intel's big fault. They don't actually evaluate their processors performance, they just say their clock speeds. And as such, it cannot be a lie. Unfortunately, people seem to get it all wrong - they think only Mhz matters. While this is a regrettable attitude, it's not one that Intel publicly advertises...

:evil:  <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles
January 17, 2004 11:00:06 AM

The post was not ment to insult intel, they can call thier parts whatever they like, so can amd. Do I like amd's system because it's linear? I aint that anal. It's just a system for naming amd cpus. People who rant against it are just trying to badmouth amd. That kind of fanboyism I can do without.
January 17, 2004 1:25:40 PM

I like the FX and Opteron naming system...completely based off features (SP vs. DP vs. MP for Opteron) and number in series. FX-51, FX-53, 144, 248, 840 and 246 (as well as the rest of the Opterons) say nothing in terms of performance, just number in series and MP capabilities. Now if only Intel would leave MHz alone and have AMD follow-suit in the mainstream by getting rid of the PR system...

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.
January 17, 2004 1:27:49 PM

Quote:
you can even feel the wind on your face through the monitor

I want one of those.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.
January 17, 2004 8:35:04 PM

You just don't get it, do you?

<b>LAG IN ONLINE GAMES HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH THE COMPUTER RUNNING THE GAME. IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW FAST YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION IS. PING TIMES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW FAST YOUR PROCESSOR IS.</b>

I know you're terminally stupid, SoD... but I didn't know your head was filled with concrete.

January 17, 2004 8:54:57 PM

Quote:

Coop... just STFU.

Really.

People will spend their money the way they want... you spend your money the way you want. If they buy Intel, who gives a f*ck?

Always know Intel lovers where funny guys.
What is the purpose of this forum then ? im not gonna respond to that, hopefully you read your lines again and understand haw stupid the things your saying is.
And the forum users that are asking, wich cpu to buy ? are very likely not buying an Dell system !

I still think the people must be richt informed !
If they are buying a Dell ore HP, i dont care ! If at this moment the A64 is a much better buy then an Intel you guys must not say to buy P4 !

And yes, i`m an AMD lover, but i hate it when people believe what Tom is reviewing and advicing Intel to Joe Schmo`s !
Read some other forum`s for god sake, for any use besides videoeditting is AMD64 the best buy !!!
Many users have wrong view on CPU land, and i blame Tom`s Reviews !

!