rORy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2003

I got a new dell laptop, Inspiron 2200 and within about the first 2 weeks a
screen would randomly pop up saying "beginning of physical memory dump,
physical memory dump complete". I contacted Dell who was no help! A friend
said to restore my computer to the earliest date, reinstall the software I
had on it, and then continue to do microsoft updates. Am I in the clear?!?!

Hi

Could you please post the Stop Code from the BSOD? With that it may
possible to narrow down the problem you have. A reinstall may not be
needed.

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"Rory" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got a new dell laptop, Inspiron 2200 and within about the first 2 weeks a
> screen would randomly pop up saying "beginning of physical memory dump,
> physical memory dump complete". I contacted Dell who was no help! A friend
> said to restore my computer to the earliest date, reinstall the software I
> had on it, and then continue to do microsoft updates. Am I in the
> clear?!?!

Bobby

If I was getting Blue Screen errors in the first 2 weeks. I would ship it
back and tell them you want another!! That is unacceptable.

> Hi
>
> Could you please post the Stop Code from the BSOD? With that it may
> possible to narrow down the problem you have. A reinstall may not be
> needed.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Rory" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I got a new dell laptop, Inspiron 2200 and within about the first 2 weeks
>> screen would randomly pop up saying "beginning of physical memory dump,
>> physical memory dump complete". I contacted Dell who was no help! A
>> friend
>> said to restore my computer to the earliest date, reinstall the software
>> had on it, and then continue to do microsoft updates. Am I in the
>> clear?!?!

Hi

If the problem is software related then the system may not be under warranty
for that.

--

"Bobby" <blh_24@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If I was getting Blue Screen errors in the first 2 weeks. I would ship it
> back and tell them you want another!! That is unacceptable.

>> Hi
>>
>> Could you please post the Stop Code from the BSOD? With that it may
>> possible to narrow down the problem you have. A reinstall may not be
>> needed.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "Rory" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I got a new dell laptop, Inspiron 2200 and within about the first 2 weeks
>>> screen would randomly pop up saying "beginning of physical memory dump,
>>> physical memory dump complete". I contacted Dell who was no help! A
>>> friend
>>> said to restore my computer to the earliest date, reinstall the software
>>> had on it, and then continue to do microsoft updates. Am I in the
>>> clear?!?!

Bobby

> Hi
>
> If the problem is software related then the system may not be under
> warranty for that.

It would be worth while to check. You shouldnt have to spend hours on the
phone with support trying to fix something you just spent 1k+ on and you
also shouldnt have to be reinstalling the os already. Personally I would lie
and say that there is a hardware failure (something convincing) and demand a
new computer.

> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Bobby" <blh_24@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> If I was getting Blue Screen errors in the first 2 weeks. I would ship it
>> back and tell them you want another!! That is unacceptable.
>>

>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Could you please post the Stop Code from the BSOD? With that it may
>>> possible to narrow down the problem you have. A reinstall may not be
>>> needed.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Will Denny
>>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>
>>> "Rory" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

rORy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2003

ok, so i have no idea what the stop code is first of all. If you could tell
me that would be helpful. I have not seen the screen since Friday, but I
haven't used it a lot since then because I was away and then mainly running
diagnostics with dell. Second, I called once and someone told me microsoft
was telling them that it was a faulty ram, then dell told me twice after
running diagnotstics that it was a software problem and no that is not
covered under the warranty. We've had the computer now for maybe a month and
a half, but this started like the first two weeks we got it and have called a
few times since. They said that after 21 days you can't return it which is
strange because obviously it is still under warranty. It's amazing how they
just kept trying to charge us more and more money when the computer is barely
used. I don't kwno what to do. I restroed the system back to July 27th which
was the earliest I could do. I didn't reinstall anything yes but just
downloaded and installed the microsoft updates. Should I return it? Should I
wait and see if by restoring the computer that it fixed the problem? How do I
get around the 21 day policy or whatever it is? But yes, it is completely
unacceptable. What should I do next.

"Bobby" wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > If the problem is software related then the system may not be under
> > warranty for that.
>
> It would be worth while to check. You shouldnt have to spend hours on the
> phone with support trying to fix something you just spent 1k+ on and you
> also shouldnt have to be reinstalling the os already. Personally I would lie
> and say that there is a hardware failure (something convincing) and demand a
> new computer.
>

> > --
> >

> > Will Denny
> > MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups
> >
> > "Bobby" <blh_24@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> If I was getting Blue Screen errors in the first 2 weeks. I would ship it
> >> back and tell them you want another!! That is unacceptable.
> >>

> >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

Bobby

> ok, so i have no idea what the stop code is first of all. If you could
> tell
> me that would be helpful. I have not seen the screen since Friday, but I
> haven't used it a lot since then because I was away and then mainly
> running
> diagnostics with dell. Second, I called once and someone told me microsoft
> was telling them that it was a faulty ram, then dell told me twice after
> running diagnotstics that it was a software problem and no that is not
> covered under the warranty.

Thats BS, your time shouldn't be spent on the phone for hours. I'm sure
there are other things you would like to be doing.

We've had the computer now for maybe a month and
> a half, but this started like the first two weeks we got it and have
> called a
> few times since.
They said that after 21 days you can't return it which is
> strange because obviously it is still under warranty. It's amazing how
> they
> just kept trying to charge us more and more money when the computer is
> barely
> used. I don't kwno what to do.

Dont let them give you the run around. If the problem started within the
first 2 weeks and you called to report, and they have never resolved it,
then it doesnt matter if it has been twenty-one days, THE PROBLEM STARTED
WITHIN 2 WEEKS, and they will have it documented (if you called).

I restroed the system back to July 27th which
> was the earliest I could do. I didn't reinstall anything yes but just
> downloaded and installed the microsoft updates. Should I return it? Should
> wait and see if by restoring the computer that it fixed the problem? How
> do I
> get around the 21 day policy or whatever it is? But yes, it is completely
> unacceptable. What should I do next.

If it was me I would LIE, tell them now that other problems are arising,
e.g. The system randomly shuts down, you are getting page fault errors, the
computer will not run on battery (only when plugged into an outlet)..and ask
to speak to a manager..be persistant..

> "Bobby" wrote:
>

>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > If the problem is software related then the system may not be under
>> > warranty for that.
>>
>> It would be worth while to check. You shouldnt have to spend hours on the
>> phone with support trying to fix something you just spent 1k+ on and you
>> also shouldnt have to be reinstalling the os already. Personally I would
>> lie
>> and say that there is a hardware failure (something convincing) and
>> demand a
>> new computer.
>>

>> > --
>> >

>> > Will Denny
>> > MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> > Please reply to the News Groups
>> >
>> > "Bobby" <blh_24@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message

"=?Utf-8?B?Um9yeQ==?=" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

Reload the computer using the restore CD. That will bring it back to the
'as shipped' config. Do NOT istall other software and/or updates other
than what's on the Dell CDs. If the problem is still present, call Dell
and insist on a replacement. Keep asking to talk to the next person up
the food chain until you get satisfaction.

> ok, so i have no idea what the stop code is first of all. If you could
> tell me that would be helpful. I have not seen the screen since
> Friday, but I haven't used it a lot since then because I was away and
> then mainly running diagnostics with dell. Second, I called once and
> someone told me microsoft was telling them that it was a faulty ram,
> then dell told me twice after running diagnotstics that it was a
> software problem and no that is not covered under the warranty. We've
> had the computer now for maybe a month and a half, but this started
> like the first two weeks we got it and have called a few times since.
> They said that after 21 days you can't return it which is strange
> because obviously it is still under warranty. It's amazing how they
> just kept trying to charge us more and more money when the computer is
> barely used. I don't kwno what to do. I restroed the system back to
> July 27th which was the earliest I could do. I didn't reinstall
> anything yes but just downloaded and installed the microsoft updates.
> Should I return it? Should I wait and see if by restoring the computer
> that it fixed the problem? How do I get around the 21 day policy or
> whatever it is? But yes, it is completely unacceptable. What should I
> do next.
>
> "Bobby" wrote:
>

>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > If the problem is software related then the system may not be under
>> > warranty for that.
>>
>> It would be worth while to check. You shouldnt have to spend hours on
>> the phone with support trying to fix something you just spent 1k+ on
>> and you also shouldnt have to be reinstalling the os already.
>> Personally I would lie and say that there is a hardware failure
>> (something convincing) and demand a new computer.
>>

>> > --
>> >

>> > Will Denny
>> > MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> > Please reply to the News Groups
>> >
>> > "Bobby" <blh_24@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message

rORy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2003

Thank you for responding. WHen asked to speak to a supervisor, the
representative proceeded to get nasty and then hung up on me. I'm so
extremely upset with Dell. I did the restore and didn't put anything new on
the computer. Even when i did put software on it, it was only the stuff that
dell had sent like wordperfect and norton security. After I restored, I did
the microsoft updates. How long should i wait before i finally demand a new
computer?

"Asher_N" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?Um9yeQ==?=" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> Reload the computer using the restore CD. That will bring it back to the
> 'as shipped' config. Do NOT istall other software and/or updates other
> than what's on the Dell CDs. If the problem is still present, call Dell
> and insist on a replacement. Keep asking to talk to the next person up
> the food chain until you get satisfaction.
>

> > ok, so i have no idea what the stop code is first of all. If you could
> > tell me that would be helpful. I have not seen the screen since
> > Friday, but I haven't used it a lot since then because I was away and
> > then mainly running diagnostics with dell. Second, I called once and
> > someone told me microsoft was telling them that it was a faulty ram,
> > then dell told me twice after running diagnotstics that it was a
> > software problem and no that is not covered under the warranty. We've
> > had the computer now for maybe a month and a half, but this started
> > like the first two weeks we got it and have called a few times since.
> > They said that after 21 days you can't return it which is strange
> > because obviously it is still under warranty. It's amazing how they
> > just kept trying to charge us more and more money when the computer is
> > barely used. I don't kwno what to do. I restroed the system back to
> > July 27th which was the earliest I could do. I didn't reinstall
> > anything yes but just downloaded and installed the microsoft updates.
> > Should I return it? Should I wait and see if by restoring the computer
> > that it fixed the problem? How do I get around the 21 day policy or
> > whatever it is? But yes, it is completely unacceptable. What should I
> > do next.
> >
> > "Bobby" wrote:
> >

> >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

> >> It would be worth while to check. You shouldnt have to spend hours on
> >> the phone with support trying to fix something you just spent 1k+ on
> >> and you also shouldnt have to be reinstalling the os already.
> >> Personally I would lie and say that there is a hardware failure
> >> (something convincing) and demand a new computer.

rORy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2003

WHat a good idea!!! Yeah I did call and they told me that there was a record
of it so that proves it was before 21 days. I'm going to see if restoring it
did anything. I'll give it a few more day then I'm shipping it back. I
couldn't believe they hung up on my. I was boiling. But I didn't even think
to lie. SAying that all of these other problems are occurring is such a good
idea. How the hell would they know? They obviously don't know what they are
doing in the first place if they can't even tell me what the hell the screen
is. Thanks again

"Bobby" wrote:

> "Rory" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok, so i have no idea what the stop code is first of all. If you could
> > tell
> > me that would be helpful. I have not seen the screen since Friday, but I
> > haven't used it a lot since then because I was away and then mainly
> > running
> > diagnostics with dell. Second, I called once and someone told me microsoft
> > was telling them that it was a faulty ram, then dell told me twice after
> > running diagnotstics that it was a software problem and no that is not
> > covered under the warranty.
>
> Thats BS, your time shouldn't be spent on the phone for hours. I'm sure
> there are other things you would like to be doing.
>
> We've had the computer now for maybe a month and
> > a half, but this started like the first two weeks we got it and have
> > called a
> > few times since.
> They said that after 21 days you can't return it which is
> > strange because obviously it is still under warranty. It's amazing how
> > they
> > just kept trying to charge us more and more money when the computer is
> > barely
> > used. I don't kwno what to do.
>
> Dont let them give you the run around. If the problem started within the
> first 2 weeks and you called to report, and they have never resolved it,
> then it doesnt matter if it has been twenty-one days, THE PROBLEM STARTED
> WITHIN 2 WEEKS, and they will have it documented (if you called).
>
> I restroed the system back to July 27th which
> > was the earliest I could do. I didn't reinstall anything yes but just
> > downloaded and installed the microsoft updates. Should I return it? Should
> > wait and see if by restoring the computer that it fixed the problem? How
> > do I
> > get around the 21 day policy or whatever it is? But yes, it is completely
> > unacceptable. What should I do next.
>
> If it was me I would LIE, tell them now that other problems are arising,
> e.g. The system randomly shuts down, you are getting page fault errors, the
> computer will not run on battery (only when plugged into an outlet)..and ask
> to speak to a manager..be persistant..
>

> > "Bobby" wrote:
> >

> >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

> >> It would be worth while to check. You shouldnt have to spend hours on the
> >> phone with support trying to fix something you just spent 1k+ on and you
> >> also shouldnt have to be reinstalling the os already. Personally I would
> >> lie
> >> and say that there is a hardware failure (something convincing) and
> >> demand a
> >> new computer.

Bobby

> WHat a good idea!!! Yeah I did call and they told me that there was a
> record
> of it so that proves it was before 21 days. I'm going to see if restoring
> it
> did anything. I'll give it a few more day then I'm shipping it back. I
> couldn't believe they hung up on my. I was boiling. But I didn't even
> think
> to lie. SAying that all of these other problems are occurring is such a
> good
> idea. How the hell would they know? They obviously don't know what they
> are
> doing in the first place if they can't even tell me what the hell the
> screen
> is. Thanks again

Well can't comment on their knowledge...hell anyone I ever talked to I
couldn't understand. Be polite, speak to a manager again and explain how you
were treated very rudly and hung up on. Also how you had bought a Dell
becuase of the great service (lol) and the computer is a critical item that
you need but you are spending all of your time on the F*@#'n phone!!

> "Bobby" wrote:
>

>> "Rory" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > ok, so i have no idea what the stop code is first of all. If you could
>> > tell
>> > me that would be helpful. I have not seen the screen since Friday, but
>> > haven't used it a lot since then because I was away and then mainly
>> > running
>> > diagnostics with dell. Second, I called once and someone told me
>> > microsoft
>> > was telling them that it was a faulty ram, then dell told me twice
>> > after
>> > running diagnotstics that it was a software problem and no that is not
>> > covered under the warranty.
>>
>> Thats BS, your time shouldn't be spent on the phone for hours. I'm sure
>> there are other things you would like to be doing.
>>
>> We've had the computer now for maybe a month and
>> > a half, but this started like the first two weeks we got it and have
>> > called a
>> > few times since.
>> They said that after 21 days you can't return it which is
>> > strange because obviously it is still under warranty. It's amazing how
>> > they
>> > just kept trying to charge us more and more money when the computer is
>> > barely
>> > used. I don't kwno what to do.
>>
>> Dont let them give you the run around. If the problem started within the
>> first 2 weeks and you called to report, and they have never resolved it,
>> then it doesnt matter if it has been twenty-one days, THE PROBLEM STARTED
>> WITHIN 2 WEEKS, and they will have it documented (if you called).
>>
>> I restroed the system back to July 27th which
>> > was the earliest I could do. I didn't reinstall anything yes but just
>> > downloaded and installed the microsoft updates. Should I return it?
>> > Should
>> > wait and see if by restoring the computer that it fixed the problem?
>> > How
>> > do I
>> > get around the 21 day policy or whatever it is? But yes, it is
>> > completely
>> > unacceptable. What should I do next.
>>
>> If it was me I would LIE, tell them now that other problems are arising,
>> e.g. The system randomly shuts down, you are getting page fault errors,
>> the
>> computer will not run on battery (only when plugged into an outlet)..and
>> ask
>> to speak to a manager..be persistant..

Hello Rory
Have you thought to contact Consumer Direct -
08454 04 05 06 - thought not. There you will speak to a human being who
will help you to a degree, then and there. Go to their web site and
download 'Your rights to goods & services' Dont wait to see if you can fix
the prob. You must act quickly. Record all corres etc..Know your rights
first so that you can tell them what their obligations are to you are.
That usually kicks their butts into action.
Also there is help from local trading standards.
Goods must be;
Of satisfact quality, free from defects, fit for purpose, as described.
Under Sale & Supply of Goods to Consumers Regs, you do not have to prove the
fault. Within 6 months of goods delivered the fault is presumed to have
been faulty when delivered. Also check the Distance Selling. I think
within a certain time you can return goods for full refund no questions
asked.
I bought Dell in 1998 - they had a cracking customer service then - now they
are like many others - Sierra Hotel India Tango. If you read comp. mags.
you can see the companys who give their costomers the run round.
Good luck - do let us know how you got on.
But do it quick while all the rights are on your side.
Rgds
Antioch
'You cant educate pork' - but a pig has a great nose for sniffing out con
artists!

> Thank you for responding. WHen asked to speak to a supervisor, the
> representative proceeded to get nasty and then hung up on me. I'm so
> extremely upset with Dell. I did the restore and didn't put anything
> new on the computer. Even when i did put software on it, it was only
> the stuff that dell had sent like wordperfect and norton security.
> After I restored, I did the microsoft updates. How long should i wait
> before i finally demand a new computer?

The problemis, it could be software conflicts. You may out on MS updates,
but I would certanly not load any other software.Both Wordperfect and
Norton Security can be real bastards when it comes to playing nice with
other software.

Waht you want to establish is if the error occurs even when loaded as
shipped. Then it's Dell's problem. In that case, you demand a new
computer RIGHT NOW. Otherwise, it's a software conflict, and Dell is
quite right in not doing anything.

"Asher_N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "=?Utf-8?B?Um9yeQ==?=" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
>> Thank you for responding. WHen asked to speak to a supervisor, the
>> representative proceeded to get nasty and then hung up on me. I'm so
>> extremely upset with Dell. I did the restore and didn't put anything
>> new on the computer. Even when i did put software on it, it was only
>> the stuff that dell had sent like wordperfect and norton security.
>> After I restored, I did the microsoft updates. How long should i wait
>> before i finally demand a new computer?
>>

> The problemis, it could be software conflicts. You may out on MS updates,
> but I would certanly not load any other software.Both Wordperfect and
> Norton Security can be real bastards when it comes to playing nice with
> other software.
>
> Waht you want to establish is if the error occurs even when loaded as
> shipped. Then it's Dell's problem. In that case, you demand a new
> computer RIGHT NOW. Otherwise, it's a software conflict, and Dell is
> quite right in not doing anything.

Hi

If the problem is software related, then there is probably no warranty
involved. Ergo ****NO**** new PC can be demanded!!!

--

> "Asher_N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "=?Utf-8?B?Um9yeQ==?=" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Thank you for responding. WHen asked to speak to a supervisor, the
>>> representative proceeded to get nasty and then hung up on me. I'm so
>>> extremely upset with Dell. I did the restore and didn't put anything
>>> new on the computer. Even when i did put software on it, it was only
>>> the stuff that dell had sent like wordperfect and norton security.
>>> After I restored, I did the microsoft updates. How long should i
>>> wait before i finally demand a new computer?
>>>

>> The problemis, it could be software conflicts. You may out on MS
>> updates, but I would certanly not load any other software.Both
>> Wordperfect and Norton Security can be real bastards when it comes to
>> playing nice with other software.
>>
>> Waht you want to establish is if the error occurs even when loaded as
>> shipped. Then it's Dell's problem. In that case, you demand a new
>> computer RIGHT NOW. Otherwise, it's a software conflict, and Dell is
>> quite right in not doing anything.
>
> Hi
>
> If the problem is software related, then there is probably no warranty
> involved. Ergo ****NO**** new PC can be demanded!!!

Unless the problem is with the computer AS SHIPPED. You should expect
Dell to ship you a working computer. If the software they preload makes
the system fail, then it's Dell's problem.

> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
>
>> "Asher_N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "=?Utf-8?B?Um9yeQ==?=" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

>>> The problemis, it could be software conflicts. You may out on MS
>>> updates, but I would certanly not load any other software.Both
>>> Wordperfect and Norton Security can be real bastards when it comes to
>>> playing nice with other software.
>>>
>>> Waht you want to establish is if the error occurs even when loaded as
>>> shipped. Then it's Dell's problem. In that case, you demand a new
>>> computer RIGHT NOW. Otherwise, it's a software conflict, and Dell is
>>> quite right in not doing anything.
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> If the problem is software related, then there is probably no warranty
>> involved. Ergo ****NO**** new PC can be demanded!!!
>>

> Unless the problem is with the computer AS SHIPPED. You should expect
> Dell to ship you a working computer. If the software they preload makes
> the system fail, then it's Dell's problem.

Hi

Dell's EULA would have to be looked through 4 the specifications of any
Warranty that may be available for the software provided. If it is an OEM
CD, then Microsoft will not support any Warranty.

--

> "Asher_N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
>>
>>> "Asher_N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> If the problem is software related, then there is probably no
>>> warranty involved. Ergo ****NO**** new PC can be demanded!!!
>>>

>> Unless the problem is with the computer AS SHIPPED. You should expect
>> Dell to ship you a working computer. If the software they preload
>> makes the system fail, then it's Dell's problem.
>
> Hi
>
> Dell's EULA would have to be looked through 4 the specifications of
> any Warranty that may be available for the software provided. If it
> is an OEM CD, then Microsoft will not support any Warranty.

It's really simple. If the product does not perform as advertisde 'out of
the box' then it is the manufacturer's responsibility to correct the
problem. Remember that any written or implied warranty is always subject
to regulations in effect in the consumer's jurisdiction.

> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
>
>> "Asher_N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in

>>> Unless the problem is with the computer AS SHIPPED. You should expect
>>> Dell to ship you a working computer. If the software they preload
>>> makes the system fail, then it's Dell's problem.
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Dell's EULA would have to be looked through 4 the specifications of
>> any Warranty that may be available for the software provided. If it
>> is an OEM CD, then Microsoft will not support any Warranty.
>>

> It's really simple. If the product does not perform as advertisde 'out of
> the box' then it is the manufacturer's responsibility to correct the
> problem. Remember that any written or implied warranty is always subject
> to regulations in effect in the consumer's jurisdiction.

Hi

I'm not going to go into the legal requirements of any company here.
Suffice it to say that software does not come under the same warranty as
hardware does.

--

> "Asher_N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
>>
>>> "Asher_N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Dell's EULA would have to be looked through 4 the specifications of
>>> any Warranty that may be available for the software provided. If it
>>> is an OEM CD, then Microsoft will not support any Warranty.
>>>

>> It's really simple. If the product does not perform as advertisde
>> 'out of the box' then it is the manufacturer's responsibility to
>> correct the problem. Remember that any written or implied warranty is
>> always subject to regulations in effect in the consumer's
>> jurisdiction.
>
> Hi
>
> I'm not going to go into the legal requirements of any company here.
> Suffice it to say that software does not come under the same warranty
> as hardware does.

It does if the software is shiped pre-installed on the computer. We are
talking about 2 things here. First is the hardware failing after a period
of time, that is covered under warranty. The second one is the
expectation of the compuyer performing as advertised. If you take the
computer out of the box, set it up and it fails, be it hardware OR
software, it is the vendor's responsibility to fix the problem.