PAPA 8: Last set of sneak preview pics

http://www.papa.org/progress2005/08-04-05-small/

Why, yes, there are two Tats :)

Kevin

pefect job kevin.

amazing what you accomplished in less than a years time.

good luck this year with the tourny. i hope it is a huge success :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Kevin Martin" <sigma@pair.com> wrote in message
> http://www.papa.org/progress2005/08-04-05-small/
>
> Why, yes, there are two Tats :)
>
> Kevin

Wow.... How many of these games were salvaged from the flood?

Michael

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

Michael wrote:
> "Kevin Martin" <sigma@pair.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.papa.org/progress2005/08-04-05-small/
> >
> > Why, yes, there are two Tats :)
> >
> > Kevin
>
> Wow.... How many of these games were salvaged from the flood?

I do believe the official count is 0, but I may be wrong.

> Michael

I can't wait it looks awsome. Great job rebuilding that place Kevin.

John Pursglove
www.southjerseypinball.com

Michael wrote:
> Wow.... How many of these games were salvaged from the flood?

One. Tattoo Assassins.

Dan at Pinball Perfection did salvage some games for his own
shop, and still has plenty left to work on. Steve Z spent a
lot of time on AFM but the results were not too satisfactory.

Kevin

I bought an old pinball a few years back, that was stored in some guy's
storage warehouse, along with a whole ton of Jukeboxes that were water
damaged. The pin had escaped with nothing but some flaking paint, but
wasn't in working condition, and had the playfield glass missing, etc.

When we were moving it out, the guy broke the plunger off the front of the
game, ergh.

Anyways, I get it home, and I've never fixed a pinball before, so I start
working on it, cleaning it up, adjusting this and that, and eventually got
it running perfectly. Put new glass on it, bought a lockdown bar that was
missing for it, put a new plunger on it, etc. waxed it all down, new rubbers
and bulbs, and the playfield was almost in mint condition.

Sold it on Ebay, and now I see it sitting in the pictures at PAPA! Neat to
see a game go from abandoned to being played at a world tournament.

Ron

Ron Lyons wrote:
> Sold it on Ebay, and now I see it sitting in the pictures at PAPA! Neat to
> see a game go from abandoned to being played at a world tournament.

I agree, it's pretty cool. Which game is it? I don't remember
buying from you on eBay, but perhaps it passed through other hands
first?

Kevin

I see my old arcades there. All 3 right in a row. Just like when they
were here. Looks so weird seeing them someplace else :( Did you find
that problem with tutankam?

Hi Kevin!
It's the Aces & Kings. Nice little game except the cabinet has some bad
flaking on the right side. The playfield was in great shape though, so I
guess that's all that matters.

Good luck with the show!

Ron

> Ron Lyons wrote:
>> Sold it on Ebay, and now I see it sitting in the pictures at PAPA! Neat
>> to see a game go from abandoned to being played at a world tournament.
>
> I agree, it's pretty cool. Which game is it? I don't remember
> buying from you on eBay, but perhaps it passed through other hands
> first?
>
> Kevin

Looks like Im gonna miss the event this year. Unfortunately! However, I
will make PAPA 9. :)

Kevin, tried to talk Nicole in to letting me just bring the games up
there and you could pay me the NAVL shipping amount. But then what will
I do with these Tundra 200 tickets? I dont think you want my kids
running around there anyways.

Nwojedi wrote:
> I see my old arcades there. All 3 right in a row. Just like when they
> were here. Looks so weird seeing them someplace else :( Did you find
> that problem with tutankam?

I reseated the connectors and it booted fine, but then crashed
in attract mode later. Sometimes when you turn it on, it's
fine; other times not. But it ran for several hours just fine
at one point. I'm not too worried about it.

Kevin

I have a 100% working PCB for Tutankham that you can borrow for the event if
you want Kevin. LMK.

--
-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

Steve Prendergast wrote:
> I have a 100% working PCB for Tutankham that you can borrow for the event if
> you want Kevin. LMK.

I think we'll be OK. If you want to sell it sometime, let
me know.

Kevin

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Fabulous job recovering from what would have surely destroyed some people.

Simply AMAZING. That's all I can say.

Chris

In article <dcurk142fko@news1.newsguy.com>,
Kevin Martin <sigma@pair.com> wrote:
>http://www.papa.org/progress2005/08-04-05-small/
>Why, yes, there are two Tats :)

OK Kevin, when can we expect the linked version?

:)

--
Orin Day | Women's Basketball Photos at http://www.dwhoops.com
lobster @ |

Orin Day wrote:
> OK Kevin, when can we expect the linked version?
>
> :)

First we have to find more than two people who want
to even play TA!

Kevin

pcg

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005

Kevin,

The place looks too good to be true... so I'm packing up the family and
driving to Pittsburg to check it out in person. See you (all) there!!

Rick, Vickie, and Jake