Sign in with
Your question

CPU comes with sticker on heat spreader?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 15, 2004 5:09:08 PM

A few months ago I posted about a raised black rectangle, on my P4 2.4C, which I felt was hurting cooling performance, and since my PSU blew a few days ago I had time to take everything apart and check what's the deal with it. After I took all the AS5 off I rubbed it with some alcohol and I saw that it had writing. It said "Original Intel processor, bought at Lamir" in Hebrew. I took a sharp knife and scrapped that sticker off, leaving some scaring but that was unavoidable, I figured I could always lap my HS and was nowhere near as deep as the sticker was thick.

Now, someone point out for me the !diot who puts a sticker on the god damn heat spreader, gee thanks for not putting it under, on the die itself! It has engraved on it "Intel P4 2.4/800/512" but no, your sticker - that's fraud-proof...

Got a nice overclocked overvolted system to keep you warm at night? That's great. Guess I'll have to settle for a woman...
January 15, 2004 6:25:57 PM

Who's the dumbass for being so rushed or blind while building not to take it off?

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy
January 15, 2004 6:43:23 PM

I'd have to admit, p3man does have a good point.

Is your system stable enough you'd run your own life support on it? ---mine is. Soyo KT333 + AXP 1900+
January 15, 2004 7:06:12 PM

I got it already built since it was cheaper and easier to have them build it and ship it as one piece instead of paying for shipment for each part (that's how it works there)

Got a nice overclocked overvolted system to keep you warm at night? That's great. Guess I'll have to settle for a woman...
!