Tech: TOM open connector?

jdix

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005

Just finished shopping my TOM out. It looks awesome, and everything
works great. However, I noticed a male connector under the PF that has
no female end to plug into? I don't remember disconnecting it during
disassembly. It is a six pin connection. The wires are red/orange,
red/black, red/brown, and yellow/red. Was this connector intended for
the spinning Tiger saw switches/motor, and therefore not used on my
production model TOM? Thanks,
Joe

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Page 3-27 and 3-28 of the manual shows those wire colors for lamps

3-27

Yellow-Red

123-2 Lamp column 2 to playfield

3-28

Red-orange 125-4 Lamp row 3 to playfield

Red-black 125-2 Lamp row 2 to playfield

Red-brown 125-1 lamp row 1 to playfield

You can also find these depicted in the lamp matrix inside the back cover.

Hth.

Otto

CARGPB11

"JDix" <jennystiger@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> Just finished shopping my TOM out. It looks awesome, and everything
> works great. However, I noticed a male connector under the PF that has
> no female end to plug into? I don't remember disconnecting it during
> disassembly. It is a six pin connection. The wires are red/orange,
> red/black, red/brown, and yellow/red. Was this connector intended for
> the spinning Tiger saw switches/motor, and therefore not used on my
> production model TOM? Thanks,
> Joe

I noticed the same connector yesterday when i cleaned my ramps and
subway, and thought the same thing. Maybe i'll check what it does when
tiger saw mode is active.. kind of hard to get multimeter wires in there
and activate the mode.. i'll need to make an extension or something, or
figure out where those wires go in the backbox :)

Keep in mind, the chance that is does something is very small, since
there is no 'tiger saw' test in the test menu.. still. Perhaps someone else
already tested this ?

I never really like the 'hook the saw up to the captive ball' mod, if i did
a spinning saw, i would go for a rom revision that supports it (which
apparently is out there, but the person(s) that have it aren't sharing)..

- Alex

jdix

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005

I had referenced the wires prior to posting, but as I said everything
seems to be working fine. That is why I had asked, as it appears there
is no connection lost by having this left open. Anyone have a chance
to confirm this?