Internet Explorer query

I control a single PC running XP Home which is used by a group of indivuals,
some with more permissions than others.

One of the seats is set for reading our charity's intranet via the web using
IE

We have, however some little @*%$*:@s who feel that they can then go on line
for any prupose whatsoever and go to any site and download files. We want to
stop them doing this.

The website is accessed from bootup for that seat, and so I have removed the
address bar and all icons, but still cannot get rid of the menu bar.

Is there a way of setting IE so that there is no way that they can access
another web site (from the menu bar they can reset the address bar etc).

Alternatively is there a way that I can restrict that seat to the one URL to
prevent this pirate use?
1 answer Last reply
More about internet explorer query

    Hi,
    This solution utilizes Content Advisor and will affect all user accounts.
    Users needing to access other sites would have to enter the password,
    disable Content Advisor and re-enable it when finished.

    267930 - How to Configure Internet Explorer 5.x to Block Access to All But
    Approved Internet Sites:

    Two notes: [1] If a user can run regedit, the CA password can be deleted.
    The hack isn't very difficult to find. [2] Follow the Win 95,98,ME
    instructions in 267930.

    Hope this helps,
    Don
    [MS MVP- IE/OE]

    "Fred" <fred[at]privacy.net> wrote in message

    > I control a single PC running XP Home which is used by a group of
    indivuals,
    > some with more permissions than others.
    >
    > One of the seats is set for reading our charity's intranet via the web
    using
    > IE
    >
    > We have, however some little @*%$*:@s who feel that they can then go on
    line
    > for any prupose whatsoever and go to any site and download files. We want
    > stop them doing this.
    >
    > The website is accessed from bootup for that seat, and so I have removed
    the
    > address bar and all icons, but still cannot get rid of the menu bar.
    >
    > Is there a way of setting IE so that there is no way that they can access
    > another web site (from the menu bar they can reset the address bar etc).
    >
    > Alternatively is there a way that I can restrict that seat to the one URL
    > prevent this pirate use?

Internet Explorer Windows XP