Black Knight paint colors?

wondering if anyone knows the exact colors used for a Black Knight
game box? what colors/brand/type of paint do you use for the black,
yellow, and red?

stevebo

stevebo:

Some people have had good luck with Krylon Sun Yellow
and for the red either Krylon Banner Red or Red Pepper.

Those and more here:
http://www.pinballpal.com/colors/index.htm#Knight

-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/

"Steve C" <steve@stevechannel.com> wrote in message
> wondering if anyone knows the exact colors used for a Black Knight
> game box? what colors/brand/type of paint do you use for the black,
> yellow, and red?
>
> stevebo

thanks Mark. are there different finishes such as semi-gloss, gloss,
flat, or is it just one kind when using Krylon? which one to use if
multiple?

stevebo

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 06:30:58 GMT, "Mark Clayton"
<spamuser1602@i87.com> wrote:

>stevebo:
>
>Some people have had good luck with Krylon Sun Yellow
>and for the red either Krylon Banner Red or Red Pepper.
>
>Those and more here:
>http://www.pinballpal.com/colors/index.htm#Knight
>
>-Mark

Gloss black latex enamel for base coat- spray with a high volume gun if you
have one- better than wearing out your finger with aerosol cans- not as good
a finish.

For the artwork/design colors, we use off-the-shelf Krylon high gloss
aerosol's- "Sun Yellow" and "Banner Red". Same recipe for most Wms games of
this era....

All colors were originally gloss from the factory. Years of wear/tear/use
will make some appear "semi gloss" but gloss is correct, if you really want
that "day one" authentic look.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"Steve C" <steve@stevechannel.com> wrote in message
> wondering if anyone knows the exact colors used for a Black Knight
> game box? what colors/brand/type of paint do you use for the black,
> yellow, and red?
>
> stevebo

Steve:

I believe that Krylon black and white are the only colors
that come in different finishes. All the rest just come
in gloss. I'd choose a semi-gloss for the black.

If you go with a custom-mixed latex or oil-based
paint, you'll have more choices for color and sheen,
but then you'll need your own spray equipment.

-Mark