windows installer

how can I stop xp from trying to install an old programme, which doesn't
work and I can't delete?!
I have a copy of roxio media creator which doesn't work since I reset
windows to an earlier point, the prog can't find a certificate and questions
the system date so won't install. it won't delete either for the same
reasons and every time I try to move/copy files it tries to install the damn
thing, unsuccessfully. any advice please...
1 answer Last reply
More about windows installer

    Go to:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

    Read about the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, then download it and use it...
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    "themink" <themink@leaveitoutblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > how can I stop xp from trying to install an old programme, which doesn't
    > work and I can't delete?!
    > I have a copy of roxio media creator which doesn't work since I reset
    > windows to an earlier point, the prog can't find a certificate and questions
    > the system date so won't install. it won't delete either for the same
    > reasons and every time I try to move/copy files it tries to install the damn
    > thing, unsuccessfully. any advice please...

Windows Installer Windows XP