TIF file won't open; Windows Picture/Fax Viewer No preview..

September 8, 2005 10:42:07 AM

I have a PC running Windows XP Professional. I can double click on most TIF
files and they will open in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I have some
TIF's that when I double click on them, Windows Picture and Fax Viewer opens
but displays "No preview available" rather than the image. If I send these
TIF's to a user with Windows 2000, that user can view them. How can I view
them from XP?
Thanks!
September 8, 2005 1:51:11 PM

The TIFF format is an extendable one and different variations of it exist.
Were your TIFF files created with a faxing program, or are they multipage
files? I recommend you install Irfanview. It can open many different image
formats and is freeware.

http://www.irfanview.com/
!