Hallo NG!
What is the exe-name of the xp-zipper (WindowsXP/HE SP2).
How/Can i use it in batch-mode?
Vy 73! Helge
--
Helge, DJ1WM
No eMails please

Helge Haensel wrote:

> Hallo NG!
> What is the exe-name of the xp-zipper (WindowsXP/HE SP2).
> How/Can i use it in batch-mode?
> Vy 73! Helge
Hi,

The zip functionality that comes with WinXP/Win2k3 does not have
a command line interface.

Some free zip/unzip programs that can help you:

ZipGenius has a command line interface (freeware)
http://www.zipgenius.it/

PowerArchiver has a command line version as well:
http://www.powerarchiver.com

Last freeware version of PowerArchiver:
http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

"Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> writes:
>Helge Haensel wrote:
>> What is the exe-name of the xp-zipper (WindowsXP/HE SP2).
>> How/Can i use it in batch-mode?

>The zip functionality that comes with WinXP/Win2k3 does not have
>a command line interface.

Can Scripting get fingers onto the zip functionality?
I used your url to grope around technet and looked through
the script center script repository in the storage/files
areas and others but didn't find anything. Maybe I just
didn't look in the right place, but searching for things
like zip script didn't turn up anything relevant. Havin
a script be able to zip a file would be very useful for me.

thanks

>--
>torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
>Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
>the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx

Am 08.09.2005, 16:20 Uhr, schrieb Torgeir Bakken (MVP)
<Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com>:

> Helge Haensel wrote:
>
>> Hallo NG!
>> What is the exe-name of the xp-zipper (WindowsXP/HE SP2).
>> How/Can i use it in batch-mode?
>> Vy 73! Helge
> Hi,
>
> The zip functionality that comes with WinXP/Win2k3 does not have
> a command line interface.
>
> Some free zip/unzip programs that can help you:
>
> ZipGenius has a command line interface (freeware)
> http://www.zipgenius.it/
>
> PowerArchiver has a command line version as well:
> http://www.powerarchiver.com
>
> Last freeware version of PowerArchiver:
> http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/

OK, thanks for info, will try them. Thanks
Helge

As you say 7-Zip is the go.
That Zip Genius someone suggested actually uses 7-Zip in the background.
Use the 7-Zip command line tool. Just type 7z on a command line and it will
reply with the syntax for all the options and switches.

Try it, you'll work it out!

Am 08.09.2005, 15:50 Uhr, schrieb Helge Haensel <dj1wm@nurfuerspam.de>:

> Hallo NG!
> What is the exe-name of the xp-zipper (WindowsXP/HE SP2).
> How/Can i use it in batch-mode?
> Vy 73! Helge
Hallo!
Thank you all for the many tipps. I already tried ZipGenius as it was the
first one, but didnt succeed with the '-extract' Option in command mode.
And that is what i actually need. It just does nothing.
Well, will try one of the other utilities you mentioned here. One will do
for sure.
Thanks!
Helge

Am 08.09.2005, 15:50 Uhr, schrieb Helge Haensel <dj1wm@nurfuerspam.de>:

> Hallo NG!
> What is the exe-name of the xp-zipper (WindowsXP/HE SP2).
> How/Can i use it in batch-mode?
> Vy 73! Helge

Powerarchiver does its job pretty well on the first try, even not needing
the command-line add-on.
Thanks!
Helge

CreateBlankZip.vbs FileName.zip
==========================
Set Ag=Wscript.Arguments
Set ts = fso_OpenTextFile(Ag(0), 8, vbtrue)
BlankZip = "PK" & Chr(5) & Chr(6)
For x = 0 to 17
BlankZip = BlankZip & Chr(0)
Next
ts.Write BlankZip

Unzip.vbs SrcFldr DestFldr
eg, unzip "C:\..\My Documents" "C:\MyZip.zip"
It doesn't matter if the source is a zip and dest is a folder EXCEPT it only works zipping if there is a msgbox as the last statement. Dunno why. Msgbox is not needed if unzipping. I think it's an object reference thing and zipping is slow. Both Folders/Zips must exist.
Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set Ag=Wscript.Arguments
set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set DestFldr=objShell.NameSpace(Ag(1))
Set SrcFldr=objShell.NameSpace(Ag(0))
Set FldrItems=SrcFldr.Items
DestFldr.CopyHere FldrItems, &H214