Mouse mat recommendation for Logitech G700

Shad0w

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Hi,

I got a Logitech G700 mouse to replace my old Deathadder some time ago. I am still adapting to it, but I don't feel I got an optimal mouse pad for this mouse at the moment. I got a Razer Destructor, but it seems to be quite worn out since I feel a difference when mousing on the most used area and the rest of the mat (it feels more smooth on the "new" area of the mat). Moreover I think I'd like something more smooth than the Destructor to counter the increased weight of the G700 compared with the Deathadder.

Do you have any recommendations? I Looked at the updated Destructor, the Scarab, but I'm not sure if it would be any different than the Destructor. I also looked at the Roccat Sota and Steelseries SX - however the latter appears to be extremely smooth (when reading reviews), perhaps too smooth so I am not sure if it would be too much - it's also very expensive.

By the way I both work and game a lot on my pc (more work than game :p), so it should be good for both things.

What do you think? Thanks in advance :)

xanjiin

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Have you heard of Fliders? I use them on my Logitech Anywhere MX on glass and they're sweet! No more need for a mousemat.