Accidentally deleted "lsass.exe" (both copies)

Hello to all. I'm trying to get my daughter's D4100 going again after
accideentally deleting a valid "lsass.exe" file thinking it was a virus. Can
someone tell me please how to extract this file from the XP Home CD in
recovery console mode and restore it?
Thanks in advance and best regards to all

Morey G

D4100 P3 933MHz
384MB RAM
Win XP Home
Liteon DVD ROM
LG CDRW
WD 20Gb HDD

Morey G wrote:
| Hello to all. I'm trying to get my daughter's D4100 going again after
| accideentally deleting a valid "lsass.exe" file thinking it was a
| virus. Can someone tell me please how to extract this file from the
| XP Home CD in recovery console mode and restore it?
| Thanks in advance and best regards to all
|
| Morey G
|
| D4100 P3 933MHz
| 384MB RAM
| Win XP Home
| Liteon DVD ROM
| LG CDRW
| WD 20Gb HDD

Try this first.
sfc /scannow
at the run line: start...run...sfc /scannow. This will populate DLL cache
and should restore system files. Check MS Knowledge Base for details.

kahout,
Thanks for the really prompt response. That is an invaluable piece of info.
I actually figured it out and restored it by using the recovery console,
copying "lsass.ex_" from the i386 folder to the c:\windows\system32 folder
and then renaming it "lsass.exe" using the REN command. All that DOS work
back in the day paid off!
Thanks nonetheless since you showed me how to restore the dll folder.
Best regards,
Morey G.

Morey G wrote:
> kahout,
> Thanks for the really prompt response. That is an invaluable piece of info.
> I actually figured it out and restored it by using the recovery console,
> copying "lsass.ex_" from the i386 folder to the c:\windows\system32 folder
> and then renaming it "lsass.exe" using the REN command. All that DOS work
> back in the day paid off!
> Thanks nonetheless since you showed me how to restore the dll folder.
> Best regards,
> Morey G.

Couldnt have been that much DOS work "back in the day" or you would have
not been conned into deleting the file in the first place.