Whenever I have to use a system, restore point. After the Restore has been
running for some time it terminates with error message, “Restore was unable
to complete. Try another Restore point.” This happens with any restore
point I try to use.
The error must be occurring right at the end of the Restore, because if you
reboot Windows it appears the restore was successful. System is configured,
as expected for the restore point specified and Windows is running normally.

My system is includes the following hardware.

(1) Window XP Pro
(2) Thermaltake Silent Power 480W Power supply
(3) AMD Athlon XP 64 3200+
(4) ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard with BIOS Version 1013
(5) ATi Video Graphics card Radeon 9600 Series
(6) Two MB DDR PC3200 Memory, Corsair TWINX2048-3200PRO, configured as Dual
Channel.
(7) Four !60 GB SATA Hard Drives Configured as RAID 0+1
(8) CD\DVD Drive, MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9571
(9) Standard Keyboard and Mouse

=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXJQ?= wrote:

> Whenever I have to use a system, restore point. After the Restore has been
> running for some time it terminates with error message, “Restore was unable
> to complete. Try another Restore point.” This happens with any restore
> point I try to use.

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#15

Hi

That error message would suggest that one or more of the System Restore
files have become corrupt. You can try turning SR off/on, although you will
lose all existing checkpoints:

Right click on My Computer and select Properties>System Restore. Enable
'Turn off System Restore on all drives' - then reboot your PC. Go back into
SR and disable 'Turn off...' and then reboot again. After the second reboot
you should have one new checkpoint and SR should work properly after that.

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"RogerP" <RogerP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I have to use a system, restore point. After the Restore has
> been
> running for some time it terminates with error message, "Restore was
> unable
> to complete. Try another Restore point." This happens with any restore
> point I try to use.
> The error must be occurring right at the end of the Restore, because if
> you
> reboot Windows it appears the restore was successful. System is
> configured,
> as expected for the restore point specified and Windows is running
> normally.
>
> My system is includes the following hardware.
>
> (1) Window XP Pro
> (2) Thermaltake Silent Power 480W Power supply
> (3) AMD Athlon XP 64 3200+
> (4) ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard with BIOS Version 1013
> (5) ATi Video Graphics card Radeon 9600 Series
> (6) Two MB DDR PC3200 Memory, Corsair TWINX2048-3200PRO, configured as
> Dual
> Channel.
> (7) Four !60 GB SATA Hard Drives Configured as RAID 0+1
> (8) CD\DVD Drive, MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9571
> (9) Standard Keyboard and Mouse

Thanks, New the Restore Points were all corrupted, but did not know to fix.
Will try it tonight when I have time to recover from fix if it does not go
well. Nothing personel, just I have learned not to do anything in Windows
before doing full backup.

Thanks for fast reply Roger.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> That error message would suggest that one or more of the System Restore
> files have become corrupt. You can try turning SR off/on, although you will
> lose all existing checkpoints:
>
> Right click on My Computer and select Properties>System Restore. Enable
> 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' - then reboot your PC. Go back into
> SR and disable 'Turn off...' and then reboot again. After the second reboot
> you should have one new checkpoint and SR should work properly after that.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "RogerP" <RogerP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever I have to use a system, restore point. After the Restore has
> > been
> > running for some time it terminates with error message, "Restore was
> > unable
> > to complete. Try another Restore point." This happens with any restore
> > point I try to use.
> > The error must be occurring right at the end of the Restore, because if
> > you
> > reboot Windows it appears the restore was successful. System is
> > configured,
> > as expected for the restore point specified and Windows is running
> > normally.
> >
> > My system is includes the following hardware.
> >
> > (1) Window XP Pro
> > (2) Thermaltake Silent Power 480W Power supply
> > (3) AMD Athlon XP 64 3200+
> > (4) ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard with BIOS Version 1013
> > (5) ATi Video Graphics card Radeon 9600 Series
> > (6) Two MB DDR PC3200 Memory, Corsair TWINX2048-3200PRO, configured as
> > Dual
> > Channel.
> > (7) Four !60 GB SATA Hard Drives Configured as RAID 0+1
> > (8) CD\DVD Drive, MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9571
> > (9) Standard Keyboard and Mouse

RogerP <RogerP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Whenever I have to use a system, restore point. After the Restore has been
>running for some time it terminates with error message, “Restore was unable
>to complete. Try another Restore point.” This happens with any restore
>point I try to use.

See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:
http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--