Safe Cracker Rope Light harness part number needed

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <MGKIe.1824$WD.1330@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Toddy" <pinballs.no.spam@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I'm missing mine, and while I'm making a home made one, sure would be nice
> to have an original! Anyone have one, or know the part number? I can't find
> it in the manual. Looks like this:
> http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ebay/SC%20Rope%20Harness.jpg
>
> Toddy

Toody,

When I got my SC it needed a new rope light and I found a place that
sold rope lights. I gave them the spec and they had it, and then they
asked what plug I wanted on it. I described the plug and picked it up an
hour later with that connector on it.

I would say that the connector is actually part of the rope light and
has no part number of its own.

Cheers
Macman

I got the picture out of a friends SafeCracker, it's a pinball part best I
can tell.

"MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> In article <MGKIe.1824$WD.1330@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "Toddy" <pinballs.no.spam@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm missing mine, and while I'm making a home made one, sure would be
>> nice
>> to have an original! Anyone have one, or know the part number? I can't
>> find
>> it in the manual. Looks like this:
>> http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ebay/SC%20Rope%20Harness.jpg
>>
>> Toddy
>
> Toody,
>
> When I got my SC it needed a new rope light and I found a place that
> sold rope lights. I gave them the spec and they had it, and then they
> asked what plug I wanted on it. I described the plug and picked it up an
> hour later with that connector on it.
>
> I would say that the connector is actually part of the rope light and
> has no part number of its own.
>
> Cheers
> Macman

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

Well the connector to the rope light is something specific to rope
lights. I'm just betting that when Williams went to the XYZ rope light
company and said make us a rope light, the specs were to have that 3 pin
connector on the end. No part number because it's actually part of the
rope light.

Just my guess.

Good luck
MacMan

In article <uKQIe.1744$RS.622@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Toddy" <pinballs.no.spam@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I got the picture out of a friends SafeCracker, it's a pinball part best I
> can tell.
>
> "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> > In article <MGKIe.1824$WD.1330@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> > "Toddy" <pinballs.no.spam@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm missing mine, and while I'm making a home made one, sure would be
> >> nice
> >> to have an original! Anyone have one, or know the part number? I can't
> >> find
> >> it in the manual. Looks like this:
> >> http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ebay/SC%20Rope%20Harness.jpg
> >>
> >> Toddy
> >
> > Toody,
> >
> > When I got my SC it needed a new rope light and I found a place that
> > sold rope lights. I gave them the spec and they had it, and then they
> > asked what plug I wanted on it. I described the plug and picked it up an
> > hour later with that connector on it.
> >
> > I would say that the connector is actually part of the rope light and
> > has no part number of its own.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Macman

Do you remmeber where you got your rope light?

> Well the connector to the rope light is something specific to rope
> lights. I'm just betting that when Williams went to the XYZ rope light
> company and said make us a rope light, the specs were to have that 3 pin
> connector on the end. No part number because it's actually part of the
> rope light.
>
> Just my guess.
>
> Good luck
> MacMan
>

> In article <uKQIe.1744$RS.622@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "Toddy" <pinballs.no.spam@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> I got the picture out of a friends SafeCracker, it's a pinball part best
>> can tell.
>>
>> "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message

>> > Toody,
>> >
>> > When I got my SC it needed a new rope light and I found a place that
>> > sold rope lights. I gave them the spec and they had it, and then they
>> > asked what plug I wanted on it. I described the plug and picked it up
>> > an
>> > hour later with that connector on it.
>> >
>> > I would say that the connector is actually part of the rope light and
>> > has no part number of its own.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Macman

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

Yeah... in Australia. Probably not much help to you. They are the
distributors for a brand of rope light and also run a Christmas
decoration shop. I get a feeling if buying it retail, that because it
has to plug into so many home decoration systems, they just have a stack
of plugs there and you can have what you want.

Find a shop locally that sells rope light, any brand, and just tell them
what you want. The connector seems to be the industry standard for all
rope light (at least the ones I looked at). Worse case is they can sell
you the connector and you can put your own three pin plug on it.

There should be a Christmas decoration shop near you, they would have it.

Cheers
macman

In article <mgRIe.1908$WD.914@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Toddy" <pinballs.no.spam@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Do you remmeber where you got your rope light?
>
> "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> > Well the connector to the rope light is something specific to rope
> > lights. I'm just betting that when Williams went to the XYZ rope light
> > company and said make us a rope light, the specs were to have that 3 pin
> > connector on the end. No part number because it's actually part of the
> > rope light.
> >
> > Just my guess.
> >
> > Good luck
> > MacMan
> >

> > In article <uKQIe.1744$RS.622@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> > "Toddy" <pinballs.no.spam@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I got the picture out of a friends SafeCracker, it's a pinball part best
> >> can tell.
> >>
> >> "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message

Hey Macman, Can you tell me where to get the rope light in OZ because I need
one for mine thanks.

> Yeah... in Australia. Probably not much help to you. They are the
> distributors for a brand of rope light and also run a Christmas
> decoration shop. I get a feeling if buying it retail, that because it
> has to plug into so many home decoration systems, they just have a stack
> of plugs there and you can have what you want.
>
> Find a shop locally that sells rope light, any brand, and just tell them
> what you want. The connector seems to be the industry standard for all
> rope light (at least the ones I looked at). Worse case is they can sell
> you the connector and you can put your own three pin plug on it.
>
> There should be a Christmas decoration shop near you, they would have it.
>
> Cheers
> macman
>
> In article <mgRIe.1908$WD.914@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "Toddy" <pinballs.no.spam@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you remmeber where you got your rope light?
> >
> > "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> > > Well the connector to the rope light is something specific to rope
> > > lights. I'm just betting that when Williams went to the XYZ rope light
> > > company and said make us a rope light, the specs were to have that 3
pin
> > > connector on the end. No part number because it's actually part of the
> > > rope light.
> > >
> > > Just my guess.
> > >
> > > Good luck
> > > MacMan

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

Sure!

www.flexilight.com.au
Their associated Xmas shop will sell to the public.
You need 24v 3 strand chasing rope - clear obviously. It's as close to a
perfect match as you'll find and nice and bright! It's $12AUD a metre
and you need 2 metres.

Cheers
MacMan

In article <42f6d37e$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
"David Stein" <david@bumper.com.au> wrote:

> Hey Macman, Can you tell me where to get the rope light in OZ because I need
> one for mine thanks.
>

> "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> > Yeah... in Australia. Probably not much help to you. They are the
> > distributors for a brand of rope light and also run a Christmas
> > decoration shop. I get a feeling if buying it retail, that because it
> > has to plug into so many home decoration systems, they just have a stack
> > of plugs there and you can have what you want.
> >
> > Find a shop locally that sells rope light, any brand, and just tell them
> > what you want. The connector seems to be the industry standard for all
> > rope light (at least the ones I looked at). Worse case is they can sell
> > you the connector and you can put your own three pin plug on it.
> >
> > There should be a Christmas decoration shop near you, they would have it.
> >
> > Cheers
> > macman
> >
> > In article <mgRIe.1908$WD.914@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> > "Toddy" <pinballs.no.spam@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Do you remmeber where you got your rope light?
> > >
> > > "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> pin

> best

> be
> can't

> that
> they
> up

> and

Hey thanks Macman. Great find and cheap. My back box is as dull as dark with
mine not working.
> Sure!
>
> www.flexilight.com.au
> Their associated Xmas shop will sell to the public.
> You need 24v 3 strand chasing rope - clear obviously. It's as close to a
> perfect match as you'll find and nice and bright! It's $12AUD a metre
> and you need 2 metres.
>
> Cheers
> MacMan
>
> In article <42f6d37e$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
> "David Stein" <david@bumper.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Hey Macman, Can you tell me where to get the rope light in OZ because I
need
> > one for mine thanks.
> >

> > "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> > > Yeah... in Australia. Probably not much help to you. They are the
> > > distributors for a brand of rope light and also run a Christmas
> > > decoration shop. I get a feeling if buying it retail, that because it
> > > has to plug into so many home decoration systems, they just have a
stack
> > > of plugs there and you can have what you want.
> > >
> > > Find a shop locally that sells rope light, any brand, and just tell
them
> > > what you want. The connector seems to be the industry standard for all
> > > rope light (at least the ones I looked at). Worse case is they can
sell
> > > you the connector and you can put your own three pin plug on it.
> > >
> > > There should be a Christmas decoration shop near you, they would have
it.

> > > Cheers
> > > macman

> > pin

> > best

<MGKIe.1824$WD.1330@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

> > be
> > can't

> > that
> > they
> > up

> > and

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <42f7fae9$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
"David Stein" <david@bumper.com.au> wrote:

> Hey thanks Macman. Great find and cheap. My back box is as dull as dark with
> mine not working.

Makes a huge difference. There is one thing you need to be aware of...
the rop needs to be turned a particular way for optimum brightness.
Can't remember if it is text out or text in. Plug it in and turn it on
you'll see.

Cheers
MacMan
> "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> > Sure!
> >
> > www.flexilight.com.au
> > Their associated Xmas shop will sell to the public.
> > You need 24v 3 strand chasing rope - clear obviously. It's as close to a
> > perfect match as you'll find and nice and bright! It's $12AUD a metre
> > and you need 2 metres.
> >
> > Cheers
> > MacMan
> >
> > In article <42f6d37e$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
> > "David Stein" <david@bumper.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Macman, Can you tell me where to get the rope light in OZ because I
> need
> > > one for mine thanks.
> > >

> > > "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> stack

> them
> sell

> it.

> light
> 3
> > > pin
> the

> part
> > > best

> <MGKIe.1824$WD.1330@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

> would
> > > be
> > > can't

> > > that
> then
> > > they
> it
> > > up

> light
> > > and

Thanks. Ordered it today. Do the three holes line up with the plug or do you
need to strip the rope and tweek?
> In article <42f7fae9$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
> "David Stein" <david@bumper.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Hey thanks Macman. Great find and cheap. My back box is as dull as dark
with
> > mine not working.
>
> Makes a huge difference. There is one thing you need to be aware of...
> the rop needs to be turned a particular way for optimum brightness.
> Can't remember if it is text out or text in. Plug it in and turn it on
> you'll see.
>
> Cheers
> MacMan
> > "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> > > Sure!
> > >
> > > www.flexilight.com.au
> > > Their associated Xmas shop will sell to the public.
> > > You need 24v 3 strand chasing rope - clear obviously. It's as close to
> > > perfect match as you'll find and nice and bright! It's $12AUD a metre
> > > and you need 2 metres.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > MacMan

> > need

> > stack

> > them
> > sell

> > it.

> > light
> > 3
> > the

<uKQIe.1744$RS.622@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

> > part

> > <MGKIe.1824$WD.1330@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

> > would

http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ebay/SC%20Rope%20Harness.jpg

> > then
> > it

> > light

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

You should get the rope light, the connector to the rope light which
terminates to either three wires, or the correct plug - depends what you
asked for. If the plug is not right, just strip it and put the right one
on.

Cheers
Macman

In article <42f9643f$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
"David Stein" <david@bumper.com.au> wrote:

> Thanks. Ordered it today. Do the three holes line up with the plug or do you
> need to strip the rope and tweek?
> "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> > In article <42f7fae9$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
> > "David Stein" <david@bumper.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey thanks Macman. Great find and cheap. My back box is as dull as dark
> with
> > > mine not working.
> >
> > Makes a huge difference. There is one thing you need to be aware of...
> > the rop needs to be turned a particular way for optimum brightness.
> > Can't remember if it is text out or text in. Plug it in and turn it on
> > you'll see.
> >
> > Cheers
> > MacMan
> > > "MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message

> because I
> > > need

> it
> > > stack

> tell
> > > them
> all
> > > sell

> have
> > > it.

> rope
> rope
> > > light
> that
> > > 3
> part of
> > > the

> <uKQIe.1744$RS.622@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

> pinball
> > > part

> > > <MGKIe.1824$WD.1330@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

> sure
> > > would
> number?
> > > > > > > >> >>
> http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ebay/SC%20Rope%20Harness.jpg

> place
> > > then
> picked
> > > it

> > > light

Hi all

in this older post were several ways to get a new ropelight.
I have 4 lamps missing in mine and would like to get a new in.
But where to order now ?! Is there now a source in the US or Europe or
only this online shop in Australia ?

I have not found a 24 Volt rope yet in Germany. Any idea where to order
the part now ?!

CU

Tom