Friend needs a college laptop, architecture work

OK so a friend of mine is in need of a laptop for college. He is going to be an architect and says he needs something with a powerful video card and lots of storage space. I told him to look for gaming laptops since they normally have the more powerful internals but i dont know what brands or models to look at in higher end laptops. His budget is around $2000. It needs to be moderately portable so he can carry it around to classes and stuff. Im thinking something with and i7, HD 5770/5870, 1Tb hard drive, and i have no idea how much ram maybe 6-8gb? I think the programs they use in that line of work use alot of ram space correct me if im wrong.. Those specs are just my guesses though, i have no idea what programs he will be running in an architect class. Thanks in advance for the help
1 answer Last reply
More about friend college laptop architecture work
  1. dopey117 said:
    Those specs are just my guesses though, i have no idea what programs he will be running in an architect class.
    Any way you can track that info down? Would be a real shame to get something in that price range when another spec might have been a better choice.

Something in that price range: ASUS G73JH-X1 Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 8GB RAM 500GB HDD 17.3" 1920x1080 Mobility Radeon HD 5870 $1600
    Review of ASUS G73JH-X1
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops College Product