TECH: Gottlieb Close Encounters Drop Target Scoring

According to the instruction card:
The yellow drop targets should score 500 points when unlit. 5000 when
the 3 yellow ones are lit. They don't light until you hit the A-B-C
lanes.

According to what I see when I play a game:
My yellow targets are ALWAYS lit. At first I thought maybe all 3 lamp
transistors were shorted but I noticed that when they go down I *do*
get 5000 points and the black ones only give me 500 pts. Also if I go
into test mode they won't light up until test #13. So I'm guessing the
transistors aren't shorted. If any controlled lamp transistors were
shorted wouldn't they come on immediately after pressing the service
switch? But back to the drop target scoring... is there a problem
here? Any ideas?

Other than a hairpuller regarding the 5101 which I posted about
earlier.... these are my last issues....

Thanks!! :)

Bob

TheOtherBob wrote:
> According to the instruction card:
> The yellow drop targets should score 500 points when unlit. 5000 when
> the 3 yellow ones are lit. They don't light until you hit the A-B-C
> lanes.
>
> According to what I see when I play a game:
> My yellow targets are ALWAYS lit. At first I thought maybe all 3 lamp
> transistors were shorted but I noticed that when they go down I *do*
> get 5000 points and the black ones only give me 500 pts. Also if I go
> into test mode they won't light up until test #13. So I'm guessing the
> transistors aren't shorted. If any controlled lamp transistors were
> shorted wouldn't they come on immediately after pressing the service
> switch? But back to the drop target scoring... is there a problem
> here? Any ideas?
>
> Other than a hairpuller regarding the 5101 which I posted about
> earlier.... these are my last issues....
>
> Thanks!! :)
>
> Bob

Do you have it on 3 ball or 5 ball? I believe rules change when you
select 3 ball or 5 ball. It sounds like you have it on 3 ball.

Errrrr..... oops...... that was ever a dumb question.....

Thanks! :)