Help......please

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Dell 2400 (2) months old. I hit button on tower. Hit start...go to MSN
Explorer, page comes up asking for name and password,
butterfly flaps wings, hear dial tone a ringing....flag comes up "YOU
ARE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET" then I see attempts up to five....flag
comes up
saying "WE CAN NOT SIGN YOU IN"

I try going in with Internet Explorer...NO luck there either....a flag
comes up telling me i'm offline...
On phone all day Friday with (7) different ISP technicians......NO
HELP...thanks. Hugh/ohio

It is likely that your computer has been victimized by the stealthy installation
of some sort of malware, trojan, ad-ware or other sleazy software. When were
you last able to access the internet without any problems? One solution may be
to roll back the software to a system restore point taken while the computer was
still operating properly. Other solutions are more involved, assuming that it
is only the software that has gotten screwed up.

Tools I use to fix these sorts of problems with success on a regular basis
include Ad-Aware, Spybot, LspFix, CWShredder, and Hijackthis... Ben Myers