Zone file Download problems

Ok, here's the problem. I can't download anything with internet explorer.
when I click on a download link, it acts like the host is down (comes up
with a message saying it can't connect to the host because of server issues,
blah blah). To play Asheron's Call, I need to download zone files. When I
get to the page where you download the zone files at, I just see the message
"Please wait, downloading Zone software" and the spade never loads. It sits
at this screen for a while before I finally decide to leave the page. I'm
on cable, so I shouldn't be sitting there for a while.. the download just
isn't starting. Any help?
1 answer Last reply
More about zone file download problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Neil Patel wrote:

    > Ok, here's the problem. I can't download anything with internet explorer.
    > when I click on a download link, it acts like the host is down (comes up
    > with a message saying it can't connect to the host because of server issues,
    > blah blah). To play Asheron's Call, I need to download zone files. When I
    > get to the page where you download the zone files at, I just see the message
    > "Please wait, downloading Zone software" and the spade never loads. It sits
    > at this screen for a while before I finally decide to leave the page. I'm
    > on cable, so I shouldn't be sitting there for a while.. the download just
    > isn't starting. Any help?

    Try these helpful sites:

    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#ftd
    http://zonesysops.com/clips/heartbeat.html

    Read about the Repair Heartbeat utility on my home page.
    http://members.iglou.com/elmogeek/

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support