louie2001

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2001
I'm having a problem with XP Pro. Every time I start XP normally, it locks up at "Loading personal settings", however, XP will start in safe mode. I looked at the error log and this is what I consistently find:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from Line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tie r1\eventsystemobj.cpp Please Contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
Volume Shadow Copy Service Error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr=0x80040206
I have looked at Microsoft's Knowledge Base for any info on these errors, but come up with nothing. Because of the path listed above, I am wondering if part of my problem is that my C drive contains XP (NTFS) and my D drive contains Win98 (FAT32). I choose between the OS's by setup in BIOS.
A7V266-E
XP1700+
Crucial PC2100 256 MB
Gainward GeFoce3 TI200
Any Ideas?
Thanks

Rock out with your AMD out

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
tryo going to services (control panel/admin tools) and check that com+ system apps (and the other com+ which I cant remember) is set to start (you can do this from safemode)
btw its a funny way to dual boot, seen a lot of people doing this recently though

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?