NAVL Shipments -- be careful paying cash

I paid cash on a recent NAVL delivery and in the excitement of unpacking the
game did not even realize that the driver did not fill in the payment
received area on my bill of lading. Looks like he is trying to snake out the
cash that I paid on delivery. I just got an invoice from NAVL for the
shipping amount that was "cash on delivery" and that I had already paid at
delivery.

Make sure your drivers fill out the payment received area when you pay --
especially in cash!!! Don't be dumb like me!

- Kevin

PinBotz -- Enhancements for Classic Pinball Machines
http://www.pinbotz.com

Most dictionaries list both definitions for C.O.D. (C = cash or
collect)

In either case, the meaning is the same for this situation :)

Jeff

Kevin Strasser wrote:

> the driver did not fill in the payment received area
> on my bill of lading. Looks like he is trying to snake out
> the cash that I paid on delivery.

I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion, Kevin. Negligence is
far more common in the business world than embezzlement. Call NAVL
and let them know what happened. The corporate office probably has
your money in its bank account but doesn't know where to apply it since
the driver forgot to mark your shipment as "paid." They'll contact the
driver and, if he still insists you never paid him, then you should
call him a thief.

- Josh A.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently found out that you can pay by credit card when the driver
shows up. I forgot to bring cash to work and got a pin delivered, so I
gave the driver my CC and he called it in. Worked perfect. :)

Michael

rd

sounds to me that its the drivers loss not yours. he should not have
left a c.o.d with out payment. don't give in to them

ron

Seems difficult to believe a shipping company would give you the item
and leave without collecting payment. COD means cash on delivery
(duh). So if the driver just gave it to you without payment that would
put him in a bind. Otherwise how could he have left your place? If
he said you forced it from him, the police would have been at your
place right quick. Neither party can PROVE where the money went, but
the fact that you have the goods and the driver dropped it off and left
sure tells a story what likely happened.

If you talk to the shippers they should realize that you must have paid
the driver and they should question him about the money.

Good Luck

Jeff

Hopefully you are right. I deal with them a lot...but looking back on it I
should have been suspicious of the driver as he never even counted my money.

I am not sure how it is going to work out exactly. But just trying to avoid
others going through the stress that I am dealing with right now.

"Josh A." <josh489@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Kevin Strasser wrote:
>
>> the driver did not fill in the payment received area
>> on my bill of lading. Looks like he is trying to snake out
>> the cash that I paid on delivery.
>
> I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion, Kevin. Negligence is
> far more common in the business world than embezzlement. Call NAVL
> and let them know what happened. The corporate office probably has
> your money in its bank account but doesn't know where to apply it since
> the driver forgot to mark your shipment as "paid." They'll contact the
> driver and, if he still insists you never paid him, then you should
> call him a thief.
>
> - Josh A.

FWIW I only pay NAVL by personal check. They always say "cash or money
order" but I always tell them that I want to pay by personal check and they
always accept that. You might try that next time.

Randy

"Kevin Strasser" <kstrasser@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hopefully you are right. I deal with them a lot...but looking back on it I
> should have been suspicious of the driver as he never even counted my
> money.
>
> I am not sure how it is going to work out exactly. But just trying to
> avoid others going through the stress that I am dealing with right now.
>
> - Kevin

> PinBotz -- Enhancements for Classic Pinball Machines
> http://www.pinbotz.com
>
> "Josh A." <josh489@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Kevin Strasser wrote:
>>
>>> the driver did not fill in the payment received area
>>> on my bill of lading. Looks like he is trying to snake out
>>> the cash that I paid on delivery.
>>
>> I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion, Kevin. Negligence is
>> far more common in the business world than embezzlement. Call NAVL
>> and let them know what happened. The corporate office probably has
>> your money in its bank account but doesn't know where to apply it since
>> the driver forgot to mark your shipment as "paid." They'll contact the
>> driver and, if he still insists you never paid him, then you should
>> call him a thief.
>>
>> - Josh A.

Kevin,
If you tell me the tracking # I can see what I can do.

Jeff Palmer <bigshermantruck@hotmail.com> wrote:
: Seems difficult to believe a shipping company would give you the item
: and leave without collecting payment. COD means cash on delivery

Actually, it's normally 'COLLECT on delivery" :)

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<kstrasser@gmail.com> wrote:

>I paid cash on a recent NAVL delivery and in the excitement of unpacking the
>game did not even realize that the driver did not fill in the payment
>received area on my bill of lading. Looks like he is trying to snake out the
>cash that I paid on delivery. I just got an invoice from NAVL for the
>shipping amount that was "cash on delivery" and that I had already paid at
>delivery.

I didn't think NAVL accepted cash and am pretty sure Michelle has
always told me to pay with money order only.

I've paid with cash twice. It was fine according to Michelle. Both times
the drive counted and wrote what he received on the paperwork.
Steve

"Ben" <pinballben@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:18:57 -0400, "Kevin Strasser"
> <kstrasser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I paid cash on a recent NAVL delivery and in the excitement of unpacking
>>the
>>game did not even realize that the driver did not fill in the payment
>>received area on my bill of lading. Looks like he is trying to snake out
>>the
>>cash that I paid on delivery. I just got an invoice from NAVL for the
>>shipping amount that was "cash on delivery" and that I had already paid at
>>delivery.
>
> I didn't think NAVL accepted cash and am pretty sure Michelle has
> always told me to pay with money order only.

nice.

i am having a game shipped by navl myself right now and am glad that
michelle is on the ball. i just spoke with her on the phone today and
she is really on top of things. i'll post again once my game arrives.
navl hasn't let me down yet! :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

I would never use anyone BUT NAVL myself. I've ALWAYS had great luck
with them. I suppose that one day may come that they let me down, but
it hasn't happened yet.

One thing that bothers me is that they are supposed to blanket wrap the
pins and they seem to fail to do that on a regular basis.

As far as paying COD. I have paid with cash twice. I don't assume the
driver has OR is going to count it, so I PERSONALLY ALWAYS count it for
him. Bill by bill, penny by penny. Never an issue.

Funny thing about me posting to this today, NAVL JUST delivered a pin
to me a matter of hours ago. Shortly afterwards I was talking to the
neighbor in the driveway and noticed a small piece of paper in the
street and didn't think much of it. I did pay by check today. Well
guess what? That was my check floatin' around in the street. The driver
obviously dropped it. I called NAVL and they just asked if I'd mail it
in. Glad I found it.

Tim

NAVL has been great so for to me. I have had several games and jukes
shipped around the country and all has been well. Michelle has been
great, very helpful. Rick.

NAVL has been great so for to me. I have had several games and jukes
shipped around the country and all has been well. Michelle has been
great, very helpful. I always pay with a MO. Rick.

Postscript on this...Michelle handled it for me from seeing this post. Great
customer service in the end.

Here is what she emailed to me:

"They are going to stop billing you and have the driver charged for the
missing money. Thanks"