Windows Explorer Opening View

In my new computer WE opens with My Documents expanded and everything else
collapsed. In my other computers WE opens with MD collapsed and C drive
expanded. This is the way I wish it to be. Some one answered this question
for me a couple of years ago using W2K but I can't find the information. Can
some one help?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer opening view

    Sorry to bother you. I just found it under a search using Explorer View as
    criteria.
    It directed me to a knowledge base article on this very subject. However
    when I go back to that search criteria to post the site here I can't find it.

    "Skip Bisconer" wrote:

    > In my new computer WE opens with My Documents expanded and everything else
    > collapsed. In my other computers WE opens with MD collapsed and C drive
    > expanded. This is the way I wish it to be. Some one answered this question
    > for me a couple of years ago using W2K but I can't find the information. Can
    > some one help?
    >
    > Thanks

    Change the Target line on the Properties Shortcut tab to:

    %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    I found it. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856

    "Skip Bisconer" wrote:

    > Sorry to bother you. I just found it under a search using Explorer View as
    > criteria.
    > It directed me to a knowledge base article on this very subject. However
    > when I go back to that search criteria to post the site here I can't find it.
    >
    > "Skip Bisconer" wrote:
    >
    > > In my new computer WE opens with My Documents expanded and everything else
    > > collapsed. In my other computers WE opens with MD collapsed and C drive
    > > expanded. This is the way I wish it to be. Some one answered this question
    > > for me a couple of years ago using W2K but I can't find the information. Can
    > > some one help?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Change the path in Explorer as to below

    %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, c:

    --
    Peter

    "Skip Bisconer" <SkipBisconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:641C9D7A-9510-4EFD-A3AD-8315C15FD712@microsoft.com...
    > In my new computer WE opens with My Documents expanded and everything else
    > collapsed. In my other computers WE opens with MD collapsed and C drive
    > expanded. This is the way I wish it to be. Some one answered this question
    > for me a couple of years ago using W2K but I can't find the information. Can
    > some one help?
    >
    > Thanks

Windows Explorer Windows XP