/ Sign-up
Your question

Harmon Kardon Subwoofer Digital Amp blown...

  • Home Theatre
  • Components
  • Audio
Last response: in Home Audio
January 22, 2012 5:14:39 PM

I have a HTKS14 home theater audio system, and the subwoofer is not working. It appears there is a problem with the digital amplifier (DS-1500), and more specifically, the part 104DS1500. I can see what appears to be hardened brown liquid that leaded out of the components. I would like to either replace the entire amp part, or the circuit board component...but I am not sure how to find either. I searched online, but didn't find any matches to the part number, except in a service manual.

More about : harmon kardon subwoofer digital amp blown

January 27, 2012 10:17:24 AM

"I can see what appears to be hardened brown liquid that leaded out of the components."
That is the glue, that is used to hold the parts to the circuit board.
You have to get in touch with Harmon Corp. and buy the service manual. Then you can look up the replacement part numbers. You probably have to order parts from Harmon.
February 1, 2012 6:35:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, Harmon has said they don't stock the parts anymore. I did find a service manual online to get info on the 2 capacitors and the choke, which is:
Inductor = choke coll 35uH Ferrite Core 25
Capacitors = CAP,E NP 10uF 100V 20%

I can find similar capacitors on digikey, but have no idea where to look for the choke. It isn't easy to find an 35uH axial choke.