Norton Program Control warnings on CCAPP, LUCOMS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.anti-virus (More info?)

Suddenly I am getting lots of warnings from Norton Internet Security
2005 like this:
"Iexplore.exe is attempting to access the internet using one or more
unrecognized modules" ....

The dialog is titled "Program Control" and then says "Medium Risk".

the only choices are Block Once or Permit Once, tho it seems to
remember my
choices, except for (ironically) the Norton programs CCAPP
and LUCOMS.

Besides Iexplore, other safe programs causing warnings include wmplayer
(Windows Media), Mozilla, even the Norton programs CCAPP and LUCOMS
(LuComServer_2_6.exe).

Help says these msgs are caused by "Program Component Monitoring"

A full scan showed no viruses and neither does Auto Protect, tho I turn
it off most of the time to increase speed.

Just before this happened i installed
- MSN Messenger 7
- Firefox "Free Download Manager"
- Firefox extension FlashGot mass download tool
- Firefox extension SAGE RSS reader

Running Win XP SP 2, with all automatic updates thru 14 August 2005.

tt/LA/CA
2 answers Last reply
More about norton program control warnings ccapp lucoms
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.anti-virus (More info?)

    > To see the root of the problem. Please get some new specs.

    And will that help clarify the usefulness of your response? ;-)
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.anti-virus (More info?)

    I ran Program Scan in Norton Firewall options and it seems to have
    fixed the problem. (it searches disks for programs that access
    internet).

    Probably the MSN Messenger 7 update changed some networking dll that
    caused the problem, tho I don't understand why the Scan would fix it.

Norton Windows XP