Need help on picking a descent gaming notebook?

Hey guys, I've been thinking about buying a robust portable gaming laptop and I have narrowed my choices down to these two :
MSI GX640
Asus G51JX-X3

so which one to pick in your opinion?
5 answers Last reply
More about need picking descent gaming notebook
  1. Hello and welcome to the forums :)
    The MSI one has a far better VGA on it(5850 performs better than a GT 360M)where as the ASUS model has a better display,i would go for the MSI one because it performs better in games
  2. thanks for the enlightenment Maziar!
    The G51 is off the table now. and while I'm seriously considering the GX640, I'm inclining towards the asus G73JH. why? I'm a diehard fan of asus and their republic of gamers product family.
    The only compromise I see me giving up here is portability. I never owned a 17'' laptop before. would this be really a pain in the butt to carry around?
  3. G73 has better CPU,Graphic card,LCD and cooling than the MSI one but its not as portable.
    http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=5571&review=asus+g73+g73jh
    Weight: 8.5 pounds
    Its not as heavy as laptops like Sager NP8120 but it mostly depends on yourself that you can carry a 8.5 pound notebook easily or not.
  4. For what its worth, the 5850 barely outperforms the 360M... But it is certainly much newer tech and DX11.
  5. Can you post the benchmarks of 5850M outperforming a GT 360M "barely" ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Gaming Notebooks