Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Acer Aspire 5536 Extreme Heat Issues

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
April 27, 2010 12:55:05 PM

Hello there;

I'm currently using an Acer Aspire 5536 for all my personal computing needs.

I have recently bought a few games for the PC which I seemed to have well within the limits to run quite well, however, I found that they ran extrememly slowly, often crashing.

I looked up more than a few websites to see why, turns out heat may have been an issue.

I use a program called CoreTemp, to determine my CPU temp (highly recommended by a few) and discovered that my CPU is running ~71-90 Celsius quite regularly.

I assume this is quite excessive, just wondering how i can reduce this heat, and if so, will it make these games run properly.

Games:

Burnout Paradise
Mass Effect
Command and Conquer: Generals

(Yes, I do like the old school games)

Kindest Regards

SL

Best solution

a b D Laptop
April 27, 2010 10:14:05 PM

Acers are known to have heating issues, hence your issue. Your best bet may be to look into a cooling mat that you set under the laptop and depending on the model usually has 2-4 fans that are powered by USB. This may help you out by getting the temps down a few degrees. Also, ensure that all the heat release ports are clear of dust and such.
April 28, 2010 9:15:54 AM

Thanks for the reply, will do.

SL
m
l
Related resources
April 29, 2010 4:57:45 PM

Sorry to bump this thread again;

Any parrticular cooling mat preferred for this model?

Reagrds;

SL
m
l
May 16, 2010 10:06:35 AM

Best answer selected by Saint_Liege.
m
l
January 16, 2014 6:11:53 AM

Hi i have the same problem with acer 5536, its a design fault,i very stupid 1 at that, anyway the vent on the bottom is closed of and it should be opened, i used a stanley knife to open each slot its very time consuming and u need to be careful that u dont damaged the case, since i have opened the vent i have no problems with over heating,before it would run around 94 to 101c when playing games,now the highest it goes is 67 to 78c. ;) 
m
l
August 22, 2014 9:24:24 AM

John Jones, that's a great idea. I am going to implement that tomorrow. Why didn't they open those vent spaces on the bottom of the laptop to allow better airflow? I am quite confused about that.
m
l
!