Acer Aspire 5536 Extreme Heat Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint_Liege

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hello there;

I'm currently using an Acer Aspire 5536 for all my personal computing needs.

I have recently bought a few games for the PC which I seemed to have well within the limits to run quite well, however, I found that they ran extrememly slowly, often crashing.

I looked up more than a few websites to see why, turns out heat may have been an issue.

I use a program called CoreTemp, to determine my CPU temp (highly recommended by a few) and discovered that my CPU is running ~71-90 Celsius quite regularly.

I assume this is quite excessive, just wondering how i can reduce this heat, and if so, will it make these games run properly.

Games:

Burnout Paradise
Mass Effect
Command and Conquer: Generals

(Yes, I do like the old school games)

Kindest Regards

SL

Solution
Acers are known to have heating issues, hence your issue. Your best bet may be to look into a cooling mat that you set under the laptop and depending on the model usually has 2-4 fans that are powered by USB. This may help you out by getting the temps down a few degrees. Also, ensure that all the heat release ports are clear of dust and such.
Acers are known to have heating issues, hence your issue. Your best bet may be to look into a cooling mat that you set under the laptop and depending on the model usually has 2-4 fans that are powered by USB. This may help you out by getting the temps down a few degrees. Also, ensure that all the heat release ports are clear of dust and such.

Solution

John Jones

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Hi i have the same problem with acer 5536, its a design fault,i very stupid 1 at that, anyway the vent on the bottom is closed of and it should be opened, i used a stanley knife to open each slot its very time consuming and u need to be careful that u dont damaged the case, since i have opened the vent i have no problems with over heating,before it would run around 94 to 101c when playing games,now the highest it goes is 67 to 78c. ;)

Bigbooger

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
John Jones, that's a great idea. I am going to implement that tomorrow. Why didn't they open those vent spaces on the bottom of the laptop to allow better airflow? I am quite confused about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.