Sign in with
Your question

My LCD flickered a bit at the startup splash screen of win7

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 19, 2011 11:15:02 AM

Hi guys can you help me figure out whats up with my monitor? Although there's no significant negative effect it does to my system still I am bothered by the flickering of the monitor(was it the display? or graphics card?) for like a second one the windows 7 startup splash screen where you see the logo of microsoft windows. After that it will run smoothly with no problems whatsoever(so far).

I remember back then it had no problems such as this, but I have some noteworthy events that I suspect might(or not) have lead to this. Back then my AVR(1000watts) kinda had a problem with its so I had it repaired and found a regular AVR of 550 watts (I researched that it is ok to use a 550 watts AVR even if my PSU 700w because not all 700w is used by my PC). When I was using the 550watts AVR this flickering at the start appeared, but it never worsen (it stayed just like that). The problem kinda continued (i guess) when I got back my old AVR(the 1000w).

the spec of my system is:

core i7 930 2.8ghz
1TB HDD sata
4gb ddr3 memory apacer
sapphire hd5770 1gb vapor
hec 700w PSU

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. :D 
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 19, 2011 1:49:15 PM

I suspect the issue is not serious more than likely being caused by change of resolution.
m
l
January 19, 2011 2:06:06 PM

My resolution as of no is at 1600 x 900 landscape, so do you suggest that I downgrade resolution? Although my current resolution is really what suits this monitor. My LCD monitor btw is Hannspree 20" HF207.
m
l
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 19, 2011 2:08:25 PM

Probably, whatever you do, the change of res between Windows loading, the splash screen and the desktop may provoke unwanted effects from your video card or your monitor -- it just happens with some combinations.
m
l
!