XP Firewall keeps re-starting

everytime i reboot the XP firewall turns itself back on. we use the Symantec
Client Security ver 3.1 software that includes a firewall and shuts off the
XP firewall when installed (which it did). never the less it continues to
turn itself back on. i have gone into the XP firewall configuration area and
clicked the set to default button and turned it back off and it still turns
itself back on. what can i do to keep it off????

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Mister7 wrote:

> everytime i reboot the XP firewall turns itself back on. we use the Symantec
> Client Security ver 3.1 software that includes a firewall and shuts off the
> XP firewall when installed (which it did). never the less it continues to
> turn itself back on. i have gone into the XP firewall configuration area and
> clicked the set to default button and turned it back off and it still turns
> itself back on. what can i do to keep it off????

If you're not using Internet Connecton Sharing (ICS), go into services
and disable the Windows Firewall/Internet Connecton Sharing (ICS) service.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User