Sign in with
Your question

Realtek HD audio manager

Last response: in Windows 7
November 21, 2012 2:32:03 PM

Hi, I recently updated my Realtek HD audio drivers for windows 7 however upon updating these driver the application (Realtek HD audio manager) you use to set where you want your audio to play out of has disappeared and I cannot seem to find it either installed on my system or as a separate download. Anyone know what you be causing this or a similar 3rd party software i could use to the same effect?

Cheers

Alex

More about : realtek audio manager

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 21, 2012 2:45:32 PM

How did you do the update? The typical Realtek update process is to uninstall the old version, reboot the machine and install the new version. Maybe you interrupted that?
November 21, 2012 4:16:32 PM

The install program automatically removed the old version but in doing this I assumed that it would just be the drivers that it would replace not the application as well.
Related resources
November 21, 2012 4:20:21 PM

Did you DL just the drivers or the whole package with the manager?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 21, 2012 6:02:03 PM

Did you look for it in the Control Panel, under Hardware and Sound?
November 21, 2012 8:35:43 PM

SchizTech said:
Did you look for it in the Control Panel, under Hardware and Sound?

Yep nothing there, didn't appear there when it was discoverable though I believe that a plugin is required to get it in your control panel.

November 21, 2012 8:41:37 PM

littleleo said:
Did you DL just the drivers or the whole package with the manager?

Hmmm I assume just the drivers I sourced it from CNET as the Realtek site took forever. Looking again though I think I downloaded the 2.6 version whereas Realtek have 2.7 so ill suffer a long download install that and see what happens. When I looked around though there did not seem to be multiple versions with and without the manager just the standard 32 and 64 bit versions. Not sure where I got the software from originally it might have been on one of the disks that came with the motherboard when I got the PC but I'm not sure...

I'll try looking for the disk if I still have it and try the 2.7 update but any more suggestions or information on where to find the latest version with the manager would be greatly appreciated guys. Either way cheers for the suggestions so far.

:hello: 

!