NOS Gottlieb Playfields (kinda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did anyone noticed this add in Mr. Pinball this morning? Unfortunatly
it looks like EM's are wanted. :(

Gottlieb Pinball Playfields needed to make new prototype games. Looking
for unpopulated playfields from any Gottlieb electronic game. Please
contact me if you are interested in sending playfield to be used for
layout, if used you will get a new NOS playfield with new artwork
design. If the prototype is approved, it will get the Gottlieb name
from Gottlieb Developement LLC, & I will offer it as a conversion kit.

Contact:
John Greatwich
greatwichjohn@hotmail.com
210 Willett St. Apt. 606
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 3C6 Canada

Too bad they're not focusing their efforts on reproducing some classic
Gottlieb playfields as well :-(

I'm all for prototype games, but it sure would be nice to have a few
older playfields available.

HH comes to mind....

Dave

So, what happens if you send them a playfield, and then it is decided the
playfield you sent won't be used? Will they ship it back? I like the idea,
but it doesn't seem airtight at this point.

Dan

Hmmm, not sure I did, John.

"New prototype games....new artwork.....conversion kit". To me, it
reads like they want to take an old playfield layout and re-do it with
new artwork so you can then install the "new" playfield with a
conversion kit.

I dunno...could use some clarifcation here.

Dave

> "kinda" pregnant

LOL..or my favorite: "I was almost killed!"

Barry - NY

Hey, playfields are playfields right? Those Halifax folks and their
long winters, they think about pinball! Sounds like something to do in
the meantime while the other brand owners duke it out. The Gott folks
seem to work very well when people play by the rules. Hey you *other*
people, maybe you should take a lesson from them! (right)

John!

Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com) wrote:
> Did anyone noticed this add in Mr. Pinball this morning? Unfortunatly
> it looks like EM's are wanted. :(

> Gottlieb Pinball Playfields needed to make new prototype games. Looking
> for unpopulated playfields from any Gottlieb electronic game. Please
> contact me if you are interested in sending playfield to be used for
> layout, if used you will get a new NOS playfield with new artwork
> design. If the prototype is approved, it will get the Gottlieb name
> from Gottlieb Developement LLC, & I will offer it as a conversion kit.
>
> Contact:
> John Greatwich
> greatwichjohn@hotmail.com
> 210 Willett St. Apt. 606
> Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 3C6 Canada

Hmm- "kinda" NOS is like "kinda" pregnant- what is it- NOS or repro? ;)

Seriously though- nice effort- hope these can be done!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

<Backglass@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Did anyone noticed this add in Mr. Pinball this morning? Unfortunatly
> it looks like EM's are wanted. :(

> Gottlieb Pinball Playfields needed to make new prototype games. Looking
> for unpopulated playfields from any Gottlieb electronic game. Please
> contact me if you are interested in sending playfield to be used for
> layout, if used you will get a new NOS playfield with new artwork
> design. If the prototype is approved, it will get the Gottlieb name
> from Gottlieb Developement LLC, & I will offer it as a conversion kit.
>
> Contact:
> John Greatwich
> greatwichjohn@hotmail.com
> 210 Willett St. Apt. 606
> Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 3C6 Canada

Or as George Carlin talks about- A near miss- more like a "near hit"! :)

Ray J.
--

> > "kinda" pregnant
>
> LOL..or my favorite: "I was almost killed!"
>
> Barry - NY

Dave:

I think you misread. Sell you a kit with a new playfield is what I read.

John!

Dave Pauk wrote:
> Too bad they're not focusing their efforts on reproducing some classic
> Gottlieb playfields as well :-(
>
> I'm all for prototype games, but it sure would be nice to have a few
> older playfields available.
>
> HH comes to mind....
>
> Dave

After rereading again, I'll fall on your side of the fence. Too hopeful
I guess!

John!

Dave Pauk wrote:
> Hmmm, not sure I did, John.
>
> "New prototype games....new artwork.....conversion kit". To me, it
> reads like they want to take an old playfield layout and re-do it with
> new artwork so you can then install the "new" playfield with a
> conversion kit.
>
> I dunno...could use some clarifcation here.
>
> Dave

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Sounds like you changed your tune.

In the recent past, I thought I remembered you taking the position that a
poor TAF translite repro was the same/equivalent as a NOS TAF translite.

Have you come over to the dark side?

:>)

Otto

CARGPB11

GA Pinhead wrote:
> Hey, playfields are playfields right? Those Halifax folks and their
> long winters, they think about pinball! Sounds like something to do in
> the meantime while the other brand owners duke it out. The Gott folks
> seem to work very well when people play by the rules. Hey you *other*
> people, maybe you should take a lesson from them! (right)
>
> John!
>
> Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com) wrote:
> > Did anyone noticed this add in Mr. Pinball this morning? Unfortunatly
> > it looks like EM's are wanted. :(

> > Gottlieb Pinball Playfields needed to make new prototype games. Looking
> > for unpopulated playfields from any Gottlieb electronic game. Please
> > contact me if you are interested in sending playfield to be used for
> > layout, if used you will get a new NOS playfield with new artwork
> > design. If the prototype is approved, it will get the Gottlieb name
> > from Gottlieb Developement LLC, & I will offer it as a conversion kit.
> >
> > Contact:
> > John Greatwich
> > greatwichjohn@hotmail.com
> > 210 Willett St. Apt. 606
> > Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 3C6 Canada

Thanks for your support, I am new to this user group thing. Spend too
much time working for the City, Golfing, & fixing pinballs. Always
wanted to make protype games, will give it my best shot. Im sure that
we will see alot more nos playfields for Gottlieb Pinballs soon, just
like everyone else that has jumped on the bandwagon, so be patient. I
will go a different route, working with the people who have the legal
rights, hopefully offering something different for existing games.

Contact me about what you have. Playfield would be returned to you,
along with new playfield, made with only the best available quality
plywood from around the world. This is the game plan, looking for
unpopulated playfields with ink writing still visible. Will copy all
layout, holes, & light lense placement. Create new playfield art to use
existing software, existing wiring & components, with new light
inserts(different). Art to be done with commercial inkjet printer,
since 1 off +, not silk screened, clear coat playfields. You would pay
all shipping to/from Halifax, if playfield is rejected, I would still
send you the prototype, which wouldn't have Gottlieb name. So there it
is, I will be selective in what comes my way, start with a few, since I
don't want a flood of playfields coming to Halifax. Everyone has to be
satisfied with the results, since Robert Fesjian & Steve Young have the
final say on Gottlieb name being used. So you could have unique nos
prototype playfield to display, we will see what happens.

Sounds interesting but they wouldn't be NOS, that stands for New Old Stock.
Sounds more like kit replacements. If the art is unique they would also need
unique backglasses to compliment them. If you do them for games that aren't
considered good players it would be a very limited market.

GRY

<greatwichjohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Contact me about what you have. Playfield would be returned to you,
> along with new playfield, made with only the best available quality
> plywood from around the world. This is the game plan, looking for
> unpopulated playfields with ink writing still visible. Will copy all
> layout, holes, & light lense placement. Create new playfield art to use
> existing software, existing wiring & components, with new light
> inserts(different). Art to be done with commercial inkjet printer,
> since 1 off +, not silk screened, clear coat playfields. You would pay
> all shipping to/from Halifax, if playfield is rejected, I would still
> send you the prototype, which wouldn't have Gottlieb name. So there it
> is, I will be selective in what comes my way, start with a few, since I
> don't want a flood of playfields coming to Halifax. Everyone has to be
> satisfied with the results, since Robert Fesjian & Steve Young have the
> final say on Gottlieb name being used. So you could have unique nos
> prototype playfield to display, we will see what happens.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I would send in my Gottlieb Flipper Parade(EM) I'd also love to see Black
Hole or Haunted House have there playfields done. I'm getting ready to have
my lower playfield restored my playfield renovations over the winter and
it's not going to be cheap, but it's going to be worth it. I know the upper
playfield will be double the price.

Ken