Slow ShutDown...

I Found The Solution To My Computers Slow 7 Minute ShutDown ... Now ShutDown
is accomplished in 22 Seconds...

I've been watching this newsgroup for months in efforts to identify a
solution to my computers Slow ShutDown ... The solution I found may help
others...

After reading about "How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP" ...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353 ...

After Trial and ERROR ... I've discovered if someone has a computer with an
Extremely Slow ShutDown as mine was, they might try these procedures...

In Startup folder of Systems Configuration Utility ... {Start > Run >
msconfig} ... Select: "Disable All" > Apply > OK ... Reboot computer for
selections to take effect ... IMPORTANT STEP FOLLOWS >>> ReStart computer
AGAIN to see if computer ShutsDown within a normal period of time ... IF
NOT - go back to Startup folder of System Configuration Utility, and Select
"Enable ALL" and continue reading the link data I provided above ... IF
computer ShutsDown within a normal period of time, go back to Startup folder
of System Configuration Utility and enable (Check) one or a few items at a
time, til you discover which entry is causing your computer to ShutDown
Slowly ... Just REMEMBER to Reboot and also ReStart each time.

The exact item that was causing my computers 7 Minute ShutDown was
"pcsync2" - associated with Nokia Telephone PC Suite...

I hope this information helps someone ... it's a RELIEF to see my computer
ShutDown in 22 Seconds, after waiting for it to ShutDown in 7 Minutes for
months...

Enjoy!
SeaJay
2 answers Last reply
More about slow shutdown

    Check it here:-
    'SHUTDOWN WORKS, BUT IT’S REAL SLOW'
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    SeaJay <CFortune wrote:

    > I Found The Solution To My Computers Slow 7 Minute ShutDown ... Now ShutDown
    > is accomplished in 22 Seconds...
    >
    > I've been watching this newsgroup for months in efforts to identify a
    > solution to my computers Slow ShutDown ... The solution I found may help
    > others...
    >
    > After reading about "How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP" ...
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353 ...
    >
    > After Trial and ERROR ... I've discovered if someone has a computer with an
    > Extremely Slow ShutDown as mine was, they might try these procedures...
    >
    > In Startup folder of Systems Configuration Utility ... {Start > Run >
    > msconfig} ... Select: "Disable All" > Apply > OK ... Reboot computer for
    > selections to take effect ... IMPORTANT STEP FOLLOWS >>> ReStart computer
    > AGAIN to see if computer ShutsDown within a normal period of time ... IF
    > NOT - go back to Startup folder of System Configuration Utility, and Select
    > "Enable ALL" and continue reading the link data I provided above ... IF
    > computer ShutsDown within a normal period of time, go back to Startup folder
    > of System Configuration Utility and enable (Check) one or a few items at a
    > time, til you discover which entry is causing your computer to ShutDown
    > Slowly ... Just REMEMBER to Reboot and also ReStart each time.
    >
    > The exact item that was causing my computers 7 Minute ShutDown was
    > "pcsync2" - associated with Nokia Telephone PC Suite...
    >
    > I hope this information helps someone ... it's a RELIEF to see my computer
    > ShutDown in 22 Seconds, after waiting for it to ShutDown in 7 Minutes for
    > months...
    >
    > Enjoy!
    > SeaJay

    More information:

    Visit http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    See section "SHUTDOWN WORKS, BUT IT'S REAL SLOW"

    Shutdown is very slow - Windows XP:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowshutdown.htm

    How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

    How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316434

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "SeaJay @ec.rr.com>" <CFortune<NoSPAM> wrote in message
    >I Found The Solution To My Computers Slow 7 Minute ShutDown ... Now
    >ShutDown is accomplished in 22 Seconds...
    >
    > I've been watching this newsgroup for months in efforts to identify a
    > solution to my computers Slow ShutDown ... The solution I found may help
    > others...
    >
    > After reading about "How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP" ...
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353 ...
    >
    > After Trial and ERROR ... I've discovered if someone has a computer with
    > an Extremely Slow ShutDown as mine was, they might try these procedures...
    >
    > In Startup folder of Systems Configuration Utility ... {Start > Run >
    > msconfig} ... Select: "Disable All" > Apply > OK ... Reboot computer for
    > selections to take effect ... IMPORTANT STEP FOLLOWS >>> ReStart computer
    > AGAIN to see if computer ShutsDown within a normal period of time ... IF
    > NOT - go back to Startup folder of System Configuration Utility, and
    > Select "Enable ALL" and continue reading the link data I provided above
    > ... IF computer ShutsDown within a normal period of time, go back to
    > Startup folder of System Configuration Utility and enable (Check) one or a
    > few items at a time, til you discover which entry is causing your computer
    > to ShutDown Slowly ... Just REMEMBER to Reboot and also ReStart each time.
    >
    > The exact item that was causing my computers 7 Minute ShutDown was
    > "pcsync2" - associated with Nokia Telephone PC Suite...
    >
    > I hope this information helps someone ... it's a RELIEF to see my computer
    > ShutDown in 22 Seconds, after waiting for it to ShutDown in 7 Minutes for
    > months...
    >
    > Enjoy!
    > SeaJay

Shutdown Computers Windows XP