Which monitor should I buy?

Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • Computer
  • Monitors
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 21, 2011 6:07:48 AM

I bought a desk top computer in Spain about 6 years ago and although I now have a laptop, I still use my desktop for certain things.....
My monitor goes off as soon as I switch it on!! I can press the button as many times as I need to and it will come back on but goes off a second or so later.....I have no idea what is the problem and have taken the cable out and put back in.

Because my desktop is old now, I dont want to spend alot of money on one because I dont know how long my computer is going to last anyway......Could you advise on which one to buy that is cheap and would you advise a second hand one????

Thank you
Rita

More about : monitor buy

Best solution

a c 112 C Monitor
January 21, 2011 11:31:26 AM

if you want a potential fix for the problem you should post the make/model/size information on here. if you arent interested in getting it fixed (and just want a cheap replacement, see below)

possible cheap substitutes:

do you have a decent television? 720p (or greater) resolution recommended. a cable to connect the two is very cheap, if i had to guess.... below 30 $USD

do you have any local indoor flea markets, small family owned electronics shops or other places to get used equipment? If you dont want to spend much money a CRT monitor can be had for next to nothing these days. reliability is questionable, but its a cheap fix. i've seen monitors in the states for as cheap as 35 to 50 $USD.

if you want a long lasting solution you could always buy new. older 720p televisions and off-brand computer lcd monitors can be had for 70 to 120 $USD
January 22, 2011 7:33:08 AM

Hi Thanks for your reply

I would like to repair the monitor if it's possible and I have a cd plus instruction book if you need any other information about the Captiva E1902 TFT- LCD 19" monitor.

As I said before it comes on when I switch the computer on,but goes straight off again...I can press the button as many times as I want and it comes straight back on... but a couple of seconds and it goes off again....

Hope you can help with this..I have checked the date I bought it and it was June 2006

Thank you
Rita
m
l
January 29, 2011 4:44:23 AM

Best answer selected by ritabixx.
m
l
!