A Must Buy????

Hi, this is the Computer I am thinking in buying.
Here in Portugal we don t have much of options has you so what do you think?
My doubts relies on the motherboard and the box...
Opinions are welcome. Thank you.
:: Intel Pentium 4 3066 MHz 478/800 BOX (C/Cooler)
:: ABIT IC7 Intel i875P FSB 800 P4
:: Box ATX Chieftec Dragon DX Black USB Frontal 360W
:: 2x512 DDR 400 MHz Kingston Dual DDR KIT
:: Drive disquetes 3.5 Preto
:: DVD-Rom MSI 16x Preto Retail
:: MSI 52x32x52x Preto Retail
:: Disco 120 Gb Seagate 7200 SATA 8 Mb CACHE
:: Creative Audigy 2 ZS Retail
:: Creative INSPIRE T5400
:: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128 DDR
P.S:I do not intend to do overclocking
P.S:I have a limited Budget of aprox. 1700 US Dollars(1500euros)
3 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Buy P4 3.0C GHz. It's better than P4 3.06 GHz

ABIT IS7 (i865) will give you almost equal performance, and it costs quite lot less.

Get a DVD Burner. LiteOn LWD-811S is pretty inexpensive and a decent quality dual format DVD burner. If it's exceeding your budget, then getting a slightly slower CPU (2.8C GHz) and a DVD burner may be a better choice.

If you don't mind getting an AMD system, the go for Athlon 64 3000+. It's a better buy than P4 3.2 GHz unless your computer's main task is audio/video encoding and 3D rendering.

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A></b>

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig & 3DMark score</A></b>
  2. Yes look for a Athlon64 3000+, faster as P4 3.2GHz and you can upgrade it with 3700+ ore even a 4000+.
    When Windows XP64 comes out you get a free performence boost.

THG : The last 5-6 reviews have allways either had skewed results, or just somehow strangely come to a completly diferant conclusion then all of the other sites around.
  3. Chieftec cases are made by chenming,they're well cooled and well made;but how good their PSU are I don't know;at least you'll not be rushing to the hopital or bleeding to death after working with a chenming case :).Be warned they've two defects:no filters on the intake fans and they use usb 1.1 rahter than 2.I don't know whether you can buy them from portugal;but tigerdirect was selling one for $29 something without PSU.
Ask a new question

Read More