wanda

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I have Windows XP Home Edition, I just had to reinstall it because of some
bad files messing up my system. I am up and running but I can't find my Main
Programs I had before like Microsoft Word, Tasks, Excel etc... Where are
they or what do I have to do to get them back? HELP!

Wanda

Data or Program Settings Are Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313362

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

In article <44BDAA7E-2F67-429D-8E34-B3083288E994@microsoft.com>,
Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have Windows XP Home Edition, I just had to reinstall it because of some
> bad files messing up my system. I am up and running but I can't find my Main
> Programs I had before like Microsoft Word, Tasks, Excel etc... Where are
> they or what do I have to do to get them back? HELP!

Wanda, reinstalling Windows XP will mean you wiped everything except
Windows off the computer - Windows XP does not come with Word, Excel or
much else.

If you check your disks, depending on the vendor, you should have
another set for your applications, and another set for your computer
specific device drivers.

Do you have any other CD's?

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

wanda

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Thank You for responding so quickly! These are the three dics I have Gateway
Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Version 1.3, Gateway Applications,
& Gateway Drivers Version 23.7. I know when I bought my computer I didn't
have to buy any extra programs. I am so confused. I am working from my home
and I need my computer to do so.
Thank You
Wanda

In article <88B2B8DE-6071-4B86-A196-3129EC66A22C@microsoft.com>,
Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Thank You for responding so quickly! These are the three dics I have Gateway
> Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Version 1.3, Gateway Applications,
> & Gateway Drivers Version 23.7. I know when I bought my computer I didn't
> have to buy any extra programs. I am so confused. I am working from my home
> and I need my computer to do so.
> Thank You
> Wanda

Wanda, the "gateway applications..." disk is the one you need to
install, it should have all your software on it. Insert the Applications
disk and see if it "auto starts" and displays something that you can use
to install the applications. If not, there may be a autorun file you can
double click on on that CD - or a SETUP, or some other setup type
program.

Let us know if that works for you.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

wanda

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Well I tried that but it is not showing any programs like Word etc... Any
other suggestions?

"Leythos" wrote:

> In article <88B2B8DE-6071-4B86-A196-3129EC66A22C@microsoft.com>,
> Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > Thank You for responding so quickly! These are the three dics I have Gateway
> > Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Version 1.3, Gateway Applications,
> > & Gateway Drivers Version 23.7. I know when I bought my computer I didn't
> > have to buy any extra programs. I am so confused. I am working from my home
> > and I need my computer to do so.
> > Thank You
> > Wanda
>
> Wanda, the "gateway applications..." disk is the one you need to
> install, it should have all your software on it. Insert the Applications
> disk and see if it "auto starts" and displays something that you can use
> to install the applications. If not, there may be a autorun file you can
> double click on on that CD - or a SETUP, or some other setup type
> program.
>
> Let us know if that works for you.
>

> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me

Is it showing a program like Microsoft "Works"? Word may be within that.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

In article <CD2DA4F5-EC50-4FDD-AAB6-94FE18FDF151@microsoft.com>,
Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Well I tried that but it is not showing any programs like Word etc... Any
> other suggestions?

What did it say it was installing from the Applications CD?

If it's not on the 3 CD's you got from the vendor, then someone
installed it for you or you don't have all your CD's.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Jim

> Thank You for responding so quickly! These are the three dics I have
> Gateway
> Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Version 1.3, Gateway
> Applications,
> & Gateway Drivers Version 23.7. I know when I bought my computer I
> didn't
> have to buy any extra programs. I am so confused. I am working from my
> home
> and I need my computer to do so.
> Thank You
> Wanda
Wanda;
Gateway probably installed loaded all of these disks before you bought the
computer.
You need to load the Gateway Drivers as well. On my system, I get to Word,
Excell, etc. through the start menu.
Jim