Solved Closed

Is it possible to connect my TV to a projector?

I have a Vizio 32 In. model VOJ320F1A that I would like to connect to a projector I just acquired. Is this even possible? I don't see any video outputs on the TV so my first thought is no, but I thought I would take it to some people with alot more knowledge and experience.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about connect projector
  1. You cannot connect your TV to your projector, but if you have a cable or satellite set top box (or DVD, Blu-Ray, VCR), you should be able to connect the output of the set top box to the projector (and the audio to a home theater system).

Personally, I have my HTPC's DVI output connected to the HDMI input of my projector. It makes movie night and special sporting events (can you say Superbowl in HD on a 135" screen?) really special.

-Wolf sends
  2. Ok so given the fact that I currently use an HD Antenna means there is pretty much no chance of watching live TV this way.
  3. Best answer
    If you have a computer near your projector, you could install a TV Tuner card and connect the PC to the projector.

-Wolf sends
  4. Ok thats a good idea I will try that. How well do those TV Tuner cards pull signals compared to an HD indoor antenna?
  5. You'd want to connect your HD indoor antenna to the card. In theory, you should receive exactly the same channels you currently get on your TV.

-Wolf sends
  6. Best answer selected by ndean617.
Ask a new question

Read More

HDTV TV Connection Projector Home Theatre