delete programs

Hi:

I had to manually delete a program from my XP Pro computer. How do I delete
the listing from Add/Remove programs?

Thanks!

IF you are familiar with editing the registry this can be done in the
following key

HKLM / Software / Microsoft / Windows / Current Version / Uninstall /
(delete key for desired program)

"Chuck Lapre" <chuck@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I had to manually delete a program from my XP Pro computer. How do I
delete
> the listing from Add/Remove programs?
>
> Thanks!

reinstall the program and than uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs

"Chuck Lapre" <chuck@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I had to manually delete a program from my XP Pro computer. How do I
> delete
> the listing from Add/Remove programs?
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for the help! You learn something new everyday!

"Chuck Lapre" <chuck@nospam.org> wrote:

>Thanks for the help! You learn something new everyday!

In XP, if the Add/Delete entry for an already deleted program
still exists [e.g., you used the app program's undelete rather
than XP's add/delete], and you try again to delete the program
using the XP Add/Delete, it will tell you that the program has
already been deleted, and ask if you want to remove that
program's XP Add/Delete entry. Say yes, and it disappears.

Presumably this will save having to go in to the registry to find
the applicable add/delete program entry and remove it, since
you've used XP itself to make the removal.
--
OJ III