Registry settings for the "Save As" window sort.

Hi,

I'm looking for a registry setting that can be set to maintain the last sort
in the window for the 'Save As'. I have a remote employee that is complaining
that everytime he does a 'Save As' and performs a sort on a detailed view,
the window doesn't maintain the sort from the last time it was performed.
Mine maintains the sort from the previous sort after I re-open the window.
Basically it is a major nuisance.

All suggestions welcome!

PS I've already posted in the wrong newgroup so I hope I'm in the right
newsgroup, now.
4 answers Last reply
More about registry settings save window sort

    On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:40:03 -0700 in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Kimlyn favored us with...

    > I'm looking for a registry setting that can be set to maintain the last sort
    > in the window for the 'Save As'. I have a remote employee that is complaining
    > that everytime he does a 'Save As' and performs a sort on a detailed view,
    > the window doesn't maintain the sort from the last time it was performed.
    > Mine maintains the sort from the previous sort after I re-open the window.
    > Basically it is a major nuisance.

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_opensaveorder.htm

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
    "My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
    "The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
    "I was misinformed."

    It won't happen. Save As is hard coded. The only reported fix is using
    FileEx. Good luck!

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    Kelly wrote:
    > It won't happen. Save As is hard coded. The only reported fix is
    > using FileEx. Good luck!

    She's Alive! Yeah!

    Glad to see it! You were missed. :)

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    <LOL> Yup and all day. Thanks for the smile. :o)

    --

    > Kelly wrote:
    >> It won't happen. Save As is hard coded. The only reported fix is
    >> using FileEx. Good luck!
    >
    > She's Alive! Yeah!
    >
    > Glad to see it! You were missed. :)
    >
    > --