Sm bus controller dell inspiron 17r 5720

kauaian

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Inspiron 17R 5720 preloaded with Windows 8 but my bosses mother would not be able to navigate through the tiles. I therefore installed all of the available drivers from dell.com and device driver cd.

Last piece is to find the SM BUS CONTROLLER driver. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Already tried intel.com and dell support (only supports laptop with preinstalled windows8 so I'm out of luck there).
I know it Applies to:
Chipset
Intel Management Engine Interface | Intel Management Engine

Help!

kauaian

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Thanks Brett for repyling so quickly.
W8 uses the same chipset files as W7 but I guess I should have fully checked before running directly into the brick wall.
I'll just disable it for now until it possibly surfaces in the coming months.
Aloha,
Alan

pabugs

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010

Actually the solution is a simple misplacement of the chipset files for win 8 / win 7 downloads - I just wiped the win 8 off the same machine you did and rebuilt in win 7 from scratch - found all the drivers xcept the SM Bus Controller - so I played around and tried the one from win 8 - it worked - the one you want is actually in the batch of windows 8 chipset drivers it can be found here - cheers!

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-17r-5720?driverId=X685F&osCode=W864&fileId=3080368556

Alfredo Jose Lima

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
yo tengo un problema con mi dell inspiron 17R 5720 despues de instalar nuevamente el windows 8 los 3 btones de arriba de la derecha dejaron de funccionar solo enciende las luz cuando lo presiono pero ya no me salen los cuadros que solian salir antes, ayudemen plss:(