Installing East Asian language support

Hey... I hope this is the correct subforum =)

I am having a problem installing language support.

I go to the control panel, regional language options, and check the box
for the language support I need, then Windows prompts for the Windows XP
CD to copy the necesssary files, just like the instructions go.

The problem is, I do not have the CD. This computer was built for me by
a local computer firm. They did not give me the XP CD, even after I
asked several times. (This is a legit copy, though)

Anyhow, is there any way I can download the support online (I remember
you could do this on 98...), or otherwise bypass this problem?

Any help will be appriciated. :confused:

--
em90
2 answers Last reply

    You NEED the CD. The Better Business Bureau phone number should be in
    the phone book.

    em90 wrote:

    > Hey... I hope this is the correct subforum =)
    >
    > I am having a problem installing language support.
    >
    > I go to the control panel, regional language options, and check the box
    > for the language support I need, then Windows prompts for the Windows XP
    > CD to copy the necesssary files, just like the instructions go.
    >
    > The problem is, I do not have the CD. This computer was built for me by
    > a local computer firm. They did not give me the XP CD, even after I
    > asked several times. (This is a legit copy, though)
    >
    > Anyhow, is there any way I can download the support online (I remember
    > you could do this on 98...), or otherwise bypass this problem?
    >
    > Any help will be appriciated. :confused:

    search for "/i386" folder within your HD.

    If you could find it, you can use that folder to install IME.

    Good Luck!

    "em90" <em90.1v2tpn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:em90.1v2tpn@pcbanter.net...

    > Hey... I hope this is the correct subforum =)
    >
    > I am having a problem installing language support.
    >
    > I go to the control panel, regional language options, and check the box
    > for the language support I need, then Windows prompts for the Windows XP
    > CD to copy the necesssary files, just like the instructions go.
    >
    > The problem is, I do not have the CD. This computer was built for me by
    > a local computer firm. They did not give me the XP CD, even after I
    > asked several times. (This is a legit copy, though)
    >
    > Anyhow, is there any way I can download the support online (I remember
    > you could do this on 98...), or otherwise bypass this problem?
    >
    > Any help will be appriciated. :confused:
    >

    > --
    > em90

Support Computers CD-Rom Windows XP