From window7 starter to higher

samsungnc110

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Hello, could you please tell me when is the good time to upgrade 7 stater to higher, since i have samsung nc110. Planning put in ssd and 2gb RAM which one should i start? You have my gratitude.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
not sure what you're asking, but if you're wondering whether to upgrade 7 before the hardware, it depends how you are upgrading. Assuming it's a full install (don't think you can upgrade from Starter), then backup up your data, put the ssd and ram in, and then install the os.

Hi :)

Thats a very low powered Atom Netbook...

I wouldnt bother with SSD and Ram AND 7 (they will cost MORE than the netbook was originally)....WASTE of money because it will STILL have that appalling Atom cpu...

Invest in a better laptop...NOT a Netbook...

All the best Brett :)

Good point Brett

Hi :)

We keep getting people coming in my shops who want Netbooks (with Atoms) speeding up.... I am tempted to tell them to drop it in the nearest bin and buy a laptop, but we usually sell them some extra ram, which is about the limit of whats worth doing....

The main problem is that people THINK that when they bought them that they were getting a Laptop.... :( :(

Not a kids toy (as I call them lol)

All the best Brett :)

Its a shame what us IT geeks go through huh? people think they can make 3-4 more years out of a 3 year old laptop .....what a shame

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
SSD and more ram are the best options in upgrading that netbook. I would not recommend upgrading the OS because of the cpu and other tech specs. If you are thinking of upgrading the OS then look to get a new ultrabook with Windows 8 pre-installed. It's just not worth the cost of the OS and the data transfer involved in upgrading the OS.