I was wanting some help with oem licencing for windows. I have decided that I would like to build systems as I have had a lot of requests for them, Also i would like to refurbish/recycle systems so I have a few questions which are
Where do I buy the licences from?
How much do they cost?
Will I get COA's?
Will a refurbished system need a new licence?
Do I need to be a "big" company to do this???
1. Many online retailers sell OEM copies of Windows 7, such as Newegg, NCIX, and TigerDirect. You can also get them at many physical stores such as retail Best Buy locations.
2. It may vary slightly, but most online and retail shops sell OEM copies for roughly the same prices for each edition.
3. Yes, a COA sticker containing the license key will come with the install media.
4. It depends what was done to the machine. If the system already had a license but you had to change out the motherboard to a different model when you rebuilt it, the system will need a new license.
5. No. With Windows 7, technically anyone can purchase an OEM license, but in some areas (like most of the United States if memory serves) you are required to buy a piece of hardware with the OEM copy of the OS. In some areas, this is not required (I live in Canada and it is not required here).