Locked User

I have a laptop which has a previously had a user called KEN.
I have reinstalled windows/ updated and now I am known as Administrator.Ken.
I wish to get rid of the Ken user which appears in Documents and Settings
but does not appear as a User on the user panels. When I attempt to delete
the file Ken from Document & Settings I am informed that this is locked and I
have no access.
Any suggestions as to how I resolve this??
Thanks
--
Ken
1 answer Last reply

    Hi Ken,

    You can't remove the Docs and Settings of Ken. You will need to create
    another (oddly) account/profile of Ken.

    How to Copy or Remove a User Profile
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_logon.htm#usercopy

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    "Ken Battye" <kenbattye@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop which has a previously had a user called KEN.
    > I have reinstalled windows/ updated and now I am known as
    > Administrator.Ken.
    > I wish to get rid of the Ken user which appears in Documents and Settings
    > but does not appear as a User on the user panels. When I attempt to delete
    > the file Ken from Document & Settings I am informed that this is locked
    > and I
    > have no access.
    > Any suggestions as to how I resolve this??
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Ken

Microsoft Windows XP