Ordering a Dell PC

I submitted an order to Dell for a 4600. I have until tomorrow morning
to cancel the deal. I am financing it through Dell and I thought I would
be getting a cheaper interest but the pdf contract they have e-mailed me
shows the interest rate at 28 percent! I find this very high. Has anyone
used Dell financing and convinced them to reduce the interest rate. TIA.
--
Cheers!

Jan
8 answers Last reply
More about ordering dell

    Jan <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >I submitted an order to Dell for a 4600. I have until tomorrow morning
    >to cancel the deal. I am financing it through Dell and I thought I would
    >be getting a cheaper interest but the pdf contract they have e-mailed me
    >shows the interest rate at 28 percent! I find this very high. Has anyone
    >used Dell financing and convinced them to reduce the interest rate. TIA.

    Financing an equipment purchase like this through the
    vendor/vendor's contracted finance company will never be the best
    choice unless it is your only choice. If you need to finance
    your purchase over time, your best bet is to arrange your own,
    through your bank, or any one of several alternatives, where you
    have a better chance at a reasonable rate.
    --
    OJ III
    [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

    Dell's interest rates are based on your credit reliability. If your interest
    rate is that high, it is most likely do to you having bad credit. If,
    however, you have a good credit history, I'd give Dell a call and talk to
    them. It never hurts to ask. You could always hint that if you don't get a
    lower interest rate, that you might go elsewhere???

    In article <1085584999.313499@news>, not@home.today says...
    > Dell's interest rates are based on your credit reliability. If your interest
    > rate is that high, it is most likely do to you having bad credit. If,
    > however, you have a good credit history, I'd give Dell a call and talk to
    > them. It never hurts to ask. You could always hint that if you don't get a
    > lower interest rate, that you might go elsewhere???
    >

    > "Jan" <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > I submitted an order to Dell for a 4600. I have until tomorrow morning
    > > to cancel the deal. I am financing it through Dell and I thought I would
    > > be getting a cheaper interest but the pdf contract they have e-mailed me
    > > shows the interest rate at 28 percent! I find this very high. Has anyone
    > > used Dell financing and convinced them to reduce the interest rate. TIA.
    > > --
    > > Cheers!
    > >
    > > Jan

    I phoned and told them they had to cut me some slack with the interest
    rate or cancel the order and they lowered the rate a bit. My credit
    rating was bad but I have cleared my debts up but guess the bad rating
    sticks around for a long time. The lower interest rate is not quite as
    much as I had hoped but will still save me quite a bit over the term.
    Now I just hope it is a good and reliable pc!
    --
    Cheers!

    Jan

    Jan wrote:

    > I phoned and told them they had to cut me some slack with the interest
    > rate or cancel the order and they lowered the rate a bit. My credit
    > rating was bad but I have cleared my debts up but guess the bad rating
    > sticks around for a long time. The lower interest rate is not quite as
    > much as I had hoped but will still save me quite a bit over the term.
    > Now I just hope it is a good and reliable pc!

    Your credit rating doesn't *suddenly* become "good" when you pay off
    your debts.

    Depending on the amount, and how long it took to pay it off, it could
    take *years* to improve your credit rating.

    Larry

    although we all work hard everyday its kinda funny we are all in debt and beep
    beep bill gates and all the beeep rich beep beep arent in debt and pay no beep
    taxes thats total beep. i wish them beeps paid taxes. them beepers

    In article <20040527004426.04110.00002038@mb-m14.aol.com>,
    michaelsomeone91@aol.comm.net.co (Michael) wrote:
    >although we all work hard everyday its kinda funny we are all in debt and beep
    >beep bill gates and all the beeep rich beep beep arent in debt and pay no beep
    >taxes thats total beep. i wish them beeps paid taxes. them beepers

    Are you sure? I suspect many "rich" only appear that way because they
    are so far in debt their creditors can't afford to let them fall into
    bankruptcy. (Dunno about Billy though. :-)

    Cheers, Phred.

    --
    ppnerkDELETE@THISyahoo.com.INVALID

    On 27 May 2004 04:44:26 GMT
    in message <20040527004426.04110.00002038@mb-m14.aol.com>
    michaelsomeone91@aol.comm.net.co (Michael) wrote:

    >although we all work hard everyday its kinda funny we are all in debt and beep
    >beep bill gates and all the beeep rich beep beep arent in debt and pay no beep
    >taxes thats total beep. i wish them beeps paid taxes. them beepers

    I suppose you are being humorous but you are inaccurate. You are
    repeating an urban myth. According to a Rush Limbaugh article "...top
    1% is paying 33.89% of taxes" from a Rush Limbaugh quote at
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com and the updated IRS numbers that Rush
    references can be found at
    http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/pub/irs-soi/01in01ts.xls .

    In article <20040527004426.04110.00002038@mb-m14.aol.com>,
    michaelsomeone91@aol.comm.net.co (Michael) says...

    > although we all work hard everyday its kinda funny we are all in debt and beep
    > beep bill gates and all the beeep rich beep beep arent in debt and pay no beep
    > taxes thats total beep. i wish them beeps paid taxes. them beepers

    The only reason you are in debt is that you buy stuff you can't afford.
    That is justifiable in the case of a mortgage, but carrying consumer
    debt is foolish. That is the path to debt slavery.

    --
    http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

Dell PDF Computers