Hyperterminal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,
I have a requirement to use hyperterminal to communicate via my comm port
with a device.
However when i open hyperterminal up it displays the error message " Another
program is using the selected telephony device. Try again after the program
completes "
Any ideas please, as i am lost.

Regards
Barry

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Barry2k/ said:

> I have a requirement to use hyperterminal to communicate via my comm port
> with a device.
> However when i open hyperterminal up it displays the error message " Another
> program is using the selected telephony device. Try again after the program
> completes "
> Any ideas please, as i am lost.

From the MicroSoft Knowledge Base...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158370
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158114

Also, you might try a Hyperterminal upgrade install...
http://hilgraeve.com/htpe/index.html
Install the FREE Hyperterminal Private Edition

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

naveensoftwares

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Hi Dev,
i received the same error when i tried to send SMS through hyper terminal when my PC suite was running and when i closed that, the problem was solved.

So in your case (i guess), maybe another application such as anti virus,or your own software related to your modem may be accessing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS