Unremoveable task on the taskbar

In the last days when I start windows appears a no-name task on my taskbar.
I's unremovable, It does not appear in the task manager.
It's not able to be opened . . .

The button has a yellow clipboard icon with a with a
red pinch on it.

Where does it come from?
How can I remove it ?

regards
Jan
10 answers Last reply
More about unremoveable task taskbar

    Check in Msconfig for any oddities.
    (Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)
    If you cannot see anything in Msconfig then:

    Start-Run-msinfo32
    Click the + beside Software Environment to expand.
    Click Startup Programs
    Ctrl+A to Select All, Ctrl+C to Copy.
    Paste that information in your message.

    ....Alan
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:27:59 +0200, "News" <fixomatic@c2i.net> wrote:

    >In the last days when I start windows appears a no-name task on my taskbar.
    >I's unremovable, It does not appear in the task manager.
    >It's not able to be opened . . .
    >
    >The button has a yellow clipboard icon with a with a
    >red pinch on it.
    >
    >Where does it come from?
    >How can I remove it ?
    >
    >regards
    >Jan

    ABITEQ c:\program files\abit\abiteq\abiteq.exe -m All Users
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Adobe Reader Speed Launch e:\acroba~1.0\reader\reader~1.exe All Users Common
    Startup
    CTFMON.EXE c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    HKU\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    CTFMON.EXE c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
    HKU\S-1-5-19\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    CTFMON.EXE c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    HKU\S-1-5-20\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    CTFMON.EXE c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe .DEFAULT
    HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ISDN Monitor linksts.exe w 1024 All Users
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    MSMSGS "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    NORUEGO-INS24HL\NoRuego
    HKU\S-1-5-21-1343024091-651377827-839522115-1003\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Microsoft Office e:\micros~1\office10\osa.exe -b -l All Users Common Startup
    NAV Agent c:\progra~1\norton~1\navapw32.exe All Users
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    NeroFilterCheck c:\windows\system32\nerocheck.exe All Users
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    NvCplDaemon rundll32.exe c:\windows\system32\nvcpl.dll,nvstartup All Users
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    NvMediaCenter rundll32.exe c:\windows\system32\nvmctray.dll,nvtaskbarinit
    All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    QuickTime Task "e:\quicktime\qttask.exe" -atboottime All Users
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Remind Me e:\reminder\rem.exe All Users Common Startup
    Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon e:\hewlett-packard\hp
    share-to-web\hpgs2wnd.exe All Users
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    SoundMan soundman.exe All Users
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    SunJavaUpdateSched c:\program files\java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe All
    Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Symantec NetDriver Monitor c:\progra~1\symnet~1\sndmon.exe /consumer All
    Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ctfmon.exe c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe NORUEGO-INS24HL\NoRuego
    HKU\S-1-5-21-1343024091-651377827-839522115-1003\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    desktop desktop.ini NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup
    desktop desktop.ini NORUEGO-INS24HL\NoRuego Startup
    desktop desktop.ini .DEFAULT Startup
    desktop desktop.ini All Users Common Startup
    ecc c:\program files\telenor\ecc\ecc.exe All Users
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    msnmsgr "c:\program files\msn messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    NORUEGO-INS24HL\NoRuego
    HKU\S-1-5-21-1343024091-651377827-839522115-1003\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    nwiz nwiz.exe /install All Users

    "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > Check in Msconfig for any oddities.
    > (Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)
    > If you cannot see anything in Msconfig then:
    >
    > Start-Run-msinfo32
    > Click the + beside Software Environment to expand.
    > Click Startup Programs
    > Ctrl+A to Select All, Ctrl+C to Copy.
    > Paste that information in your message.
    >
    > ...Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:27:59 +0200, "News" <fixomatic@c2i.net> wrote:
    >
    >>In the last days when I start windows appears a no-name task on my
    >>taskbar.
    >>I's unremovable, It does not appear in the task manager.
    >>It's not able to be opened . . .
    >>
    >>The button has a yellow clipboard icon with a with a
    >>red pinch on it.
    >>
    >>Where does it come from?
    >>How can I remove it ?
    >>
    >>regards
    >>Jan

    Asking someone to post a log in this group is unacceptable HJT or not, a log
    is a log. Have the op post his log in the appropriate forum. Unless of
    course there is a double standard going on here. You all should be a shame
    of yourselves.

    News wrote:

> [...]
    > nwiz nwiz.exe /install All Users
    > HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    > "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Check in Msconfig for any oddities.
    >> (Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)
    >> If you cannot see anything in Msconfig then:
    >>
    >> Start-Run-msinfo32
    >> Click the + beside Software Environment to expand.
    >> Click Startup Programs
    >> Ctrl+A to Select All, Ctrl+C to Copy.
    >> Paste that information in your message.
    >>
    >> ...Alan

    >> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:27:59 +0200, "News" <fixomatic@c2i.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>In the last days when I start windows appears a no-name task on my
    >>>taskbar.
    >>>I's unremovable, It does not appear in the task manager.
    >>>It's not able to be opened . . .
    >>>
    >>>The button has a yellow clipboard icon with a with a

    I hope Alan won't mind me popping in here. I Googled for "NoRuego" and
    it seems to be some sort of dictionary/translater. Perhaps that is what
    is causing the task? You also have a lot of other stuff starting with
    Windows that comes from legitimate programs but is unnecessary to have
    running in the background:

    > Adobe Reader Speed Launch e:\acroba~1.0\reader\reader~1.exe All Users
    > Common Startup
    > MSMSGS "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    (if you don't use the instant messaging program immediately)
    > Microsoft Office e:\micros~1\office10\osa.exe -b -l All Users Common
    > NeroFilterCheck c:\windows\system32\nerocheck.exe All Users
    > NvCplDaemon rundll32.exe c:\windows\system32\nvcpl.dll,nvstartup All
    > Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    > NvMediaCenter rundll32.exe
    > c:\windows\system32\nvmctray.dll,nvtaskbarinit All Users
    > HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run QuickTime Task
    > "e:\quicktime\qttask.exe" -atboottime All Users
    > HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Remind Me
    > e:\reminder\rem.exe All Users Common Startup Share-to-Web Namespace
    > SunJavaUpdateSched c:\program files\java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
    (unless you want Java to run its updater always)

    To prevent a program from running at startup, first you should always
    look in the program itself for Options/Preferences. Otherwise, uncheck
    the entry using msconfig.

    HTH,

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Nope, it's a single standard. No Hijack this logs here, as there are
    suitable places to post such things.

    Save your energy for more appropriate things, because you won't win this
    one.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Asking someone to post a log in this group is unacceptable HJT or not, a
    > log is a log. Have the op post his log in the appropriate forum. Unless of
    > course there is a double standard going on here. You all should be a shame
    > of yourselves.

    > "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Check in Msconfig for any oddities.
    >> (Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)
    >> If you cannot see anything in Msconfig then:
    >>
    >> Start-Run-msinfo32
    >> Click the + beside Software Environment to expand.
    >> Click Startup Programs
    >> Ctrl+A to Select All, Ctrl+C to Copy.
    >> Paste that information in your message.
    >>
    >> ...Alan
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:27:59 +0200, "News" <fixomatic@c2i.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>In the last days when I start windows appears a no-name task on my
    >>>taskbar.
    >>>I's unremovable, It does not appear in the task manager.
    >>>It's not able to be opened . . .
    >>>
    >>>The button has a yellow clipboard icon with a with a
    >>>red pinch on it.
    >>>
    >>>Where does it come from?
    >>>How can I remove it ?
    >>>
    >>>regards
    >>>Jan

    I can't see anything obvious there, but then it has come out a bit
    jumbled.
    If nobody spots the problem. please use Msconfig-Startup tab as a
    troubleshooter and disable items and reboot until you find it and
    report back. It shouldn't take more than 4 or so shots if you are
    systematic.

    ....Alan
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 04:41:26 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com>
    wrote:

> [...]
    >> nwiz nwiz.exe /install All Users
    >> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    >
    >> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> Check in Msconfig for any oddities.
    >>> (Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)
    >>> If you cannot see anything in Msconfig then:
    >>>
    >>> Start-Run-msinfo32
    >>> Click the + beside Software Environment to expand.
    >>> Click Startup Programs
    >>> Ctrl+A to Select All, Ctrl+C to Copy.
    >>> Paste that information in your message.
    >>>
    >>> ...Alan

    >I hope Alan won't mind me popping in here. I Googled for "NoRuego" and
    >it seems to be some sort of dictionary/translater. Perhaps that is what
    >is causing the task? You also have a lot of other stuff starting with
    >Windows that comes from legitimate programs but is unnecessary to have

    Hi Malke

    I don't mind in the least.
    I looked at that and decided that NORUEGO was the computer name or
    part thereof.
    e.g the list shows NORUEGO-INS24HL\NoRuego where mine shows
    computername/username

    ....Alan
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    Alan Edwards wrote:

    > Hi Malke
    >
    > I don't mind in the least.
    > I looked at that and decided that NORUEGO was the computer name or
    > part thereof.
    > e.g the list shows NORUEGO-INS24HL\NoRuego where mine shows
    > computername/username
    >
    > ...Alan

    Yes, I think you're right about the computer name. Maybe that's the OP's
    last name. Your suggestion of doing clean-boot troubleshooting is the
    way to go.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Nice try.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Asking someone to post a log in this group is unacceptable HJT or not, a
    > log is a log. Have the op post his log in the appropriate forum. Unless of
    > course there is a double standard going on here. You all should be a shame
    > of yourselves.

    > "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Check in Msconfig for any oddities.
    >> (Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)
    >> If you cannot see anything in Msconfig then:
    >>
    >> Start-Run-msinfo32
    >> Click the + beside Software Environment to expand.
    >> Click Startup Programs
    >> Ctrl+A to Select All, Ctrl+C to Copy.
    >> Paste that information in your message.
    >>
    >> ...Alan
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:27:59 +0200, "News" <fixomatic@c2i.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>In the last days when I start windows appears a no-name task on my
    >>>taskbar.
    >>>I's unremovable, It does not appear in the task manager.
    >>>It's not able to be opened . . .
    >>>
    >>>The button has a yellow clipboard icon with a with a
    >>>red pinch on it.
    >>>
    >>>Where does it come from?
    >>>How can I remove it ?
    >>>
    >>>regards
    >>>Jan

    Great reply!

    --

    "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
    > Nope, it's a single standard. No Hijack this logs here, as there are
    > suitable places to post such things.
    >
    > Save your energy for more appropriate things, because you won't win this
    > one.
    >
    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    >> Asking someone to post a log in this group is unacceptable HJT or not, a
    >> log is a log. Have the op post his log in the appropriate forum. Unless
    >> of course there is a double standard going on here. You all should be a
    >> shame of yourselves.
    >>
    >> --

    >> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> Check in Msconfig for any oddities.
    >>> (Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)
    >>> If you cannot see anything in Msconfig then:
    >>>
    >>> Start-Run-msinfo32
    >>> Click the + beside Software Environment to expand.
    >>> Click Startup Programs
    >>> Ctrl+A to Select All, Ctrl+C to Copy.
    >>> Paste that information in your message.
    >>>
    >>> ...Alan
    >>> --
    >>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
    >>> http://dts-l.org/index.html

Taskbar Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP